PDA

View Full Version : Paint marker residue on windshield will not come up.

Modest
12-11-2022, 12:24 PM
So I bought a salvage title 2021 Honda Civic thats been completely restored and while the actual salvage yard marker pen markings are gone, there is still a 'shadow' of where they once were. None of the techniques Ive read about have worked. Ive tried Invisible Glass and pure rubbing alcohol but it seems as if the residue is literally IN the glass. The only thing I haven't tried so far as the brake cleaner method which I'm obviously wary of considering how abrasive that stuff is. Can someone recommend something else or a different technique or do I need to escalate right to using brake cleaner?

Bill D
12-11-2022, 12:27 PM
A number of years ago I ran into the same problem and couldn't fix it. The ghosting probably is in the glass. I never heard of using brake cleaner but I sure hope it works

2black1s
12-11-2022, 01:11 PM
I've also had a similar problem years ago... When going to the drag strip and marking the windshield with shoe polish or the like.

The longer you left it on, the harder it was to remove and there were times when the ghosting image remained.

SameGuy
12-11-2022, 01:33 PM
Ceriglass with CarPro glass pads on a PC? That gets out everything but deep nicks and scratches.

Rsurfer
12-11-2022, 04:09 PM
Ceriglass with CarPro glass pads on a PC? That gets out everything but deep nicks and scratches.
It will get out scratches if you use a rotary.

PA DETAILER
12-11-2022, 04:31 PM
You could try..

Stoner Glass Stripper (https://www.autogeek.net/stoner-glass-stripper.html)

Currently out of stock, but you should be able to get it locally.