PDA

View Full Version : daily driver protection

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gregory1420
12-07-2022, 08:40 PM
i have a daily driver that i put 500 miles a week on. looking for something to put on it that will last almost 12 months and is simple to put on. the biggest issue i have is the car is not home on the weekends only during the week. i have used sonax PNS along with BSD but didnt get more then 4 to 5 months out of it. i also do not wash this car but every couple months as its not home on the weekend and its dark when i get home during the week this time of year or dont have time to wash it during the summer during the week. what would be a good protection to put on it that will last and be able to handle the abuse of me not washing it every couple weeks?

Flash Gordon
12-07-2022, 09:11 PM
I would rather detail a car that only gets washed twice a year then one that's washed weekly. Dirt acts as a protective barrier of sorts.

PaulMys
12-07-2022, 09:20 PM
i have a daily driver that i put 500 miles a week on. looking for something to put on it that will last almost 12 months and is simple to put on. the biggest issue i have is the car is not home on the weekends only during the week. i have used sonax PNS along with BSD but didnt get more then 4 to 5 months out of it. i also do not wash this car but every couple months as its not home on the weekend and its dark when i get home during the week this time of year or dont have time to wash it during the summer during the week. what would be a good protection to put on it that will last and be able to handle the abuse of me not washing it every couple weeks?

You're asking the impossible.

You have zero time to properly prep the paint for anything long-lasting, but you want a 12 month protection product.

gregory1420
12-07-2022, 09:44 PM
You're asking the impossible.

You have zero time to properly prep the paint for anything long-lasting, but you want a 12 month protection product.

didnt say i had zero time to prep the paint. i can bring the car home on a weekend and do this just dont need to bring it home every weekend as its out of my way to do this every weekend. i can wash polish and clay the car but what do i install next? PNS didnt seem to last but 4 to 5 months and i washed and clayed the car and then polished it.

PaulMys
12-07-2022, 09:53 PM
didnt say i had zero time to prep the paint. i can bring the car home on a weekend and do this just dont need to bring it home every weekend as its out of my way to do this every weekend. i can wash polish and clay the car but what do i install next? PNS didnt seem to last but 4 to 5 months and i washed and clayed the car and then polished it.

OK. I misunderstood you then. My apologies, sir.

I would go with something like Gyeon Can Coat

gregory1420
12-07-2022, 10:03 PM
OK. I misunderstood you then. My apologies, sir.

I would go with something like Gyeon Can Coat

you think can coat works better or last longer then PNS?

Forty
12-07-2022, 10:33 PM
I agree with PaulMys. I’ve used both, can coat evo lasts longer. Try to wash once a month if time allows. I would use Carpro reset. Good luck

Coatingsarecrack
12-08-2022, 01:18 AM
CanCoat would give you close to a year maybe more. If you want the best possible chance to get over a year go with a full coating after prep.

CQuartz UK3 or Gyeon Mohs or Pure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
12-08-2022, 06:45 AM

Ceramic Coat it and then use a basic detailer like 3D's Bead it Up weekly. When you decon it at 6mos, put on GYEON CanCoat EVO if needed as solid 12-18mo booster to the original ceramic. Done.

Bosko
12-08-2022, 07:50 AM
Can coat or Meg's "Hybrid paint coating( simple application)......then Griots 3 in 1 when you can fit it in....a couple of times a year after a good maintenance wash

CleanIT
12-08-2022, 08:02 AM
Yeah what the others have said - coat it. Can Coat, Megs Hybrid Paint Coating, Optimum Gloss Coat, Feynlab Ceramic Lite and DIY Ceramic Coating are good and EASY options to apply. Then top with whatever you feel like.

If you're not willing to coat it, I'd opt for Griot's 3 in 1. You could get 6-9 months depending on the conditions.

nmatthew
12-08-2022, 08:44 AM
I would also recommend Cancoat or cancoat evo. I applied cancoat evo on my daily driver around 4months ago, washed it only once every two weeks, often baked under the sun, also it rains very often in where i live. And cancoat still beads water the same way since the very start.

Bosko
12-08-2022, 08:52 AM
I would also recommend Cancoat or cancoat evo. I applied cancoat evo on my daily driver around 4months ago, washed it only once every two weeks, often baked under the sun, also it rains very often in where i live. And cancoat still beads water the same way since the very start.

And yet you give me a dislike for recommending it before you.......

gregory1420
12-08-2022, 11:12 AM
I was looking at can coat but started to look at the other items GYEON makes like pure and MOHS dont know what the differance is

CleanIT
12-08-2022, 11:47 AM
Can Coat is a coating "lite" product you spray on, wipe off immediately. Pure and Mohs are true coatings with greater durability ex - 2-3 years. Megs Hybrid Paint Coating is arguably even easier to apply than Can Coat. That you can grab at the autoparts store.