PDA

View Full Version : Rubber door seals?

Pages : [1] 2

bob m
12-06-2022, 08:59 AM
Question - what's best to use on the interior rubber door seals? And....what about the exterior rubber trim around the windows?

opie
12-06-2022, 09:09 AM
Question - what's best to use on the interior rubber door seals? And....what about the exterior rubber trim around the windows?Ask PaulMys, i believe its he who has a product he uses specifically for interior rubber seals...i could ve wrong but i thought he is the one that posted about it b4

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

chilly
12-06-2022, 09:29 AM
Back before Einzett became Nexzett I loved their Gummi Pflege for door seals, super easy applicator and seals treated with it were soft and supple and most importantly for Alaska, they kept doors from freezing shut

I haven't bought any since the change of name and ownership of the company but I wouldn't hesitate to try it again

YMMV

DUBL0WS6
12-06-2022, 10:18 AM
Dielectric grease or Tube Lube from a pool store. Tube Lube can also be found on ebay.

PA DETAILER
12-06-2022, 10:22 AM
Nextzett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege, gummi pflege (https://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-rubber-care-stick.html)

Desertnate
12-06-2022, 10:24 AM
Back before Einzett became Nexzett I loved their Gummi Pflege for door seals, super easy applicator and seals treated with it were soft and supple and most importantly for Alaska, they kept doors from freezing shut

I haven't bought any since the change of name and ownership of the company but I wouldn't hesitate to try it again

YMMV

This is hands-down my favorite product for keeping door seals in good condition.

German cars are notorious for having seals that creak and make odd noises when the weather gets cold. Gummi Pflege served me through three different German cars. At one point many years ago, Gummi Pflege was a standard solution for BMW service departments when it came to those creaky noises during the winter. You could by the product from the parts department, but BMW simply rebranded the Einzett product and even left the name the same.

dcjredline
12-06-2022, 11:22 AM
303 has a dauber product that works great. Meguiars M40

chilly
12-06-2022, 11:37 AM
This is hands-down my favorite product for keeping door seals in good condition.

German cars are notorious for having seals that creak and make odd noises when the weather gets cold. Gummi Pflege served me through three different German cars. At one point many years ago, Gummi Pflege was a standard solution for BMW service departments when it came to those creaky noises during the winter. You could by the product from the parts department, but BMW simply rebranded the Einzett product and even left the name the same.

Yup

It was the best solution for my Audi TT doors as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob m
12-06-2022, 11:38 AM
Thanks all. Well a trip to my garage found me the Gummi Pflege I bought a couple of years ago! Now, what about the exterior rubber window trim?

SameGuy
12-06-2022, 12:26 PM
Thanks all. Well a trip to my garage found me the Gummi Pflege I bought a couple of years ago! Now, what about the exterior rubber window trim?

I also swear by Gummipflege, and use it on all rubber (other than tires), inside and out. I’ll coat harder black trim with Dlux or Trim or C4, but any soft rubber just gets Gummipflege any time I’m not just doing a simple mtc wash.

Paul A.
12-06-2022, 12:57 PM
+15 on the GummiPlege! I like to clean rubber seals first before applying.

Rsurfer
12-06-2022, 01:13 PM
Gummi in and out.

Rsurfer
12-06-2022, 01:16 PM
+15 on the GummiPlege! I like to clean rubber seals first before applying.

The utmost importance!

The Guz
12-06-2022, 04:42 PM
I made this awhile ago using 303’s product.

@303 Products Rubber Seal Protectant - Conditioning and Protecting Door Seals
@303 Products Rubber Seal Protectant - Conditioning and Protecting Door Seals - YouTube (https://youtu.be/XpLGGc5iIHY)

PaulMys
12-06-2022, 05:33 PM
Ask PaulMys, i believe its he who has a product he uses specifically for interior rubber seals...i could ve wrong but i thought he is the one that posted about it b4

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Nextzett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege, gummi pflege (https://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-rubber-care-stick.html)

^^^ THIS ^^^