PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good non-abrasive scratch remover

priusfan808
04-23-2008, 11:56 PM
I have a brand new black Prius. I told the dealer not to touch it; they didn't. I washed it with pinnacle body shampoo, then clayed with Sonus ultra fine clay, rewashed, and when I was applying the Zaino, I turned on my Halogen lights and noticed cross-hatch scratches where the side of the car's sheet metal makes a fairly sharp bend. I know I didn't make them because of the scratches' unique pattern. I just would like to know what product to get to hide the scratches. I don't want to lose any clearcoat so I am looking for non-abrasive. Thanks

Chris Thomas
04-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Non-abrasive scratch remover is like a cordless extension cord.

You can remove the clear down to the depth of the scratch: remove or you can fill it with a filling glaze/wax: hidden, but you can't remove it without abrasives.

priusfan808
04-24-2008, 12:59 AM
OK, so a good glaze. Thanks

mixxer
04-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Vmg -Rmg

ScottB
04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Non-abrasive scratch remover is like a cordless extension cord.

You can remove the clear down to the depth of the scratch: remove or you can fill it with a filling glaze/wax: hidden, but you can't remove it without abrasives.

:D:D:D

Themightytimmah
04-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Glazes aren't going to work too well with Zaino. You probably want to use Zaino ZPC to take it off, the amount of clear removed will likely be less than 1/50 of the total amount you can remove.

ScottB
04-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Zaino Z5Pro is said to offer some filling ability on its own.