PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Essence+ - Sealant?

noorth
11-30-2022, 02:56 AM
Hi folks, since i'm on my never ending quest to find a perfect product, for me :D I recently watched a video on youtube from Carpro that explains you can use Essence+ like a traditional sealant. The wipe off is supposedly very easy and you can wait an extended amount of time before removal - over an hour.

They have seen great durability - in sealant terms, gloss and water behavior.

Has anyone used Essence+ in this matter?

Note: Don't confuse Essence+ with Essence. They are 2 different products.

Thanks!

The Guz
11-30-2022, 10:32 AM
I saw about 3 months with Essence Plus.

noorth
11-30-2022, 10:50 AM
I saw about 3 months with Essence Plus.

I assume you mean standalone on bare paint?

Rsurfer
11-30-2022, 02:48 PM
I use it as a topper over Cqurartz every 3-4 months. It does amp up the gloss and beading.

Never used it as a stand alone on bare paint.

The Guz
12-02-2022, 11:25 PM
It’s not that durable so don’t expect too much out of it. You’re going to top it so who cares.

It lacks in hydrophobic and self cleaning compared to a coating. I would not use it over a coating anymore. It’s not great. The fillers don’t last long either.

noorth
12-03-2022, 10:39 PM
I ordered it Mike, i will try it. I want a sealant type product. I live in a windy place so applying ceramics is just a pain in the...unless i watch mother earth...i can't be bothered.

Like you said i will just top it. Easy peasy.

dgage
12-04-2022, 12:29 AM
I ordered it Mike, i will try it. I want a sealant type product. I live in a windy place so applying ceramics is just a pain in the...unless i watch mother earth...i can't be bothered.

Like you said i will just top it. Easy peasy.

Rupes Uno Advanced is the latest one touting 6+ months on durability but it hasn’t been out long enough to determine true durability but I’d expect it to last longer than Essence+.

noorth
12-06-2022, 12:04 AM
Rupes Uno Advanced is the latest one touting 6+ months on durability but it hasn’t been out long enough to determine true durability but I’d expect it to last longer than Essence+.

Yeah i was going to go with that but it's a very mild polish and you can't work it for very long like all their stuff it seems. I'd rather use the polishes i already have.

And i don't know why i just can't get into the rupes brand...maybe its because they market(over) more than the other big brands. But i'm sure they are doing quite fine without my support lol I will be very interested in the 15mm ibird/cordless if i'm still kicking.

I wish polish angel was a little cheaper - not just the prices the shipping is horrible to Canada. If i don't like essence i will circle back...again lol