PDA

View Full Version : ONR for interior fabric cleaning (seats, door panels)?

XSR
11-29-2022, 05:46 AM
Can ONR be used on a fabric seats and door panels?

DUBL0WS6
11-29-2022, 09:03 AM
I'd use diluted Woolite for fabric. When I used ONR, I found that with my hard water it left a sticky residue. Different people seem to get different results with ONR. I found Duragloss No Rinse to be a better product.

briarpatch
11-29-2022, 10:17 AM
When I used ONR, I found that with my hard water it left a sticky residue.

I have the same problem wit my water. I dilute all of my cleaning products with distilled water

CleanIT
11-29-2022, 10:28 AM
Can ONR be used on a fabric seats and door panels?

Yes. You can also add a bit of Power Clean to the ONR if you need more cleaning power.

chilly
11-29-2022, 01:04 PM
I'd use diluted Woolite for fabric. When I used ONR, I found that with my hard water it left a sticky residue. Different people seem to get different results with ONR. I found Duragloss No Rinse to be a better product.

20 years ago a diluted Woolite solution was THE total interior cleaner for many, me included

It worked well, was cheap, and I honestly don't remember why I quit using it...

:confused:

I probably got caught up in the "newer is better" loop

SameGuy
11-29-2022, 04:26 PM
I have to keep reminding myself of the KISS Principle, and that sometimes, siht just works. I’ve probably given away thousands of dollars of products that I accumulated over the years that I latched onto thanks to this forum and others, being hyped as the “new best thing,” all hogging shelf space in my cramped garage and not getting the use they deserve. Why do I need five different APCs, 20 different pad lineups, four types of RW, and sealants, waxes and coatings galore? “Yeah but I wanna try it!” Ok, now what? My Flex Beast and my main trio of Menzernas work just fine for my rides, and Speed is great for turning around others’ cars quickly enough. I kept a Synthetic 2.0 on hand for those who ask, but I mostly just Hydro₂ now (and UK for my own cars). We’re talking about mundane stuff in the trim and tires threads, and for DDs, some of them are better than the hypesters in the forums are willing to admit.

Flash Gordon
11-29-2022, 07:50 PM
I have to keep reminding myself of the KISS Principle, and that sometimes, siht just works. I’ve probably given away thousands of dollars of products that I accumulated over the years that I latched onto thanks to this forum and others, being hyped as the “new best thing,” all hogging shelf space in my cramped garage and not getting the use they deserve. Why do I need five different APCs, 20 different pad lineups, four types of RW, and sealants, waxes and coatings galore? “Yeah but I wanna try it!” Ok, now what? My Flex Beast and my main trio of Menzernas work just fine for my rides, and Speed is great for turning around others’ cars quickly enough. I kept a Synthetic 2.0 on hand for those who ask, but I mostly just Hydro₂ now (and UK for my own cars). We’re talking about mundane stuff in the trim and tires threads, and for DDs, some of them are better than the hypesters in the forums are willing to admit.

I have a bunch of useless crap on my shelves too. Reminds me of trophies. I dust them off occasionally and make sure the labels are facing outwards. One day it'll all be in a garbage can.