PDA

View Full Version : LATEST TOPPER POLL. EVERYTHING SHY OF CANCOAT.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DanaDetailingPros
11-26-2022, 02:00 AM
I haven't' seen a recent poll on toppers. I want to say the last one was only on three. I want to limit the list to cost effective everyday detailing toppers and not CANCOAT'S and RELOAD's of the market.
I don't want to add them all since that never works. Everyone will choose everything except the ones listed.lol
As far as a few to start on ones I hear allot about are:

Griot's 3 in:II
Tech 582.:
Sonax ceramic spray(NON aerosol):
GlassParency Boost:
Elixir:I
Echo2:I
P&S Bead Maker:
3D Bead it up:IIII
The Last Coat:
Maguiar's Hybrid Wax:I
Duragloss Aquawax:
Optimum Car Wax:I
Collinite 845: I
Griots Spray Wax:I
TWHS wet wax: II
Optimum Opti-Seal:II
Optimum Car Wax:II
Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer:I
Extrme Solutions TOPPER:I
Adam's Ceramic Boost:I

I'm sure I missed a bunch. But I was just trying to compare apples to apples.

Eldorado2k
11-26-2022, 04:32 AM
I don’t really believe in the concept of toppers being a good idea, but if and when I do use a product on that list it’s Beadmaker. I also have Ech2o but it rarely gets used and when it does it’s for a waterless wash.

Coatingsarecrack
11-26-2022, 05:01 AM
Only one of those I used was on list was 3-1 which was good and a forum favorite. Just not a good beader.

I use Kamikaze Overcoat and PA cosmic which don’t fit cost effective.

Some ones that do that are in my arsenal are Nova Evo and Jet.

Another under the radar but my starter ceramic was Shine Supply Clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanaDetailingPros
11-26-2022, 06:17 AM
I don’t really believe in the concept of toppers being a good idea, but if and when I do use a product on that list it’s Beadmaker. I also have Ech2o but it rarely gets used and when it does it’s for a waterless wash.

Only one of those I used was on list was 3-1 which was good and a forum favorite. Just not a good beader.

I use Kamikaze Overcoat and PA cosmic which don’t fit cost effective.

Some ones that do that are in my arsenal are Nova Evo and Jet.

Another under the radar but my starter ceramic was Shine Supply Clutch.

I was going to add ones available in gallons only. But that wouldn't be as popular for the hobbyist detailers on here..

noorth
11-26-2022, 06:19 AM
I've read lots of good stuff of the tec 582 and the duragloss gets a lot of love.

That said i really like echo diluted 20:1 personally.

Like you said don't chase products find something you like using would be my suggestion.

PaulMys
11-26-2022, 05:23 PM
If you're going to put DG AquaWax on the list, you'd be remiss not to include Optimum Car Wax. (OCW).

:)

DanaDetailingPros
11-26-2022, 08:47 PM
If you're going to put DG AquaWax on the list, you'd be remiss not to include Optimum Car Wax. (OCW).

:)

Done.

John U
11-26-2022, 09:02 PM
I use Collinite 845 as a topper. For a wiping aid on a washed/wet surface, I use 3D Bead it Up or Griots Spray Wax

opie
11-26-2022, 09:47 PM
I dont use a topper much but when i do i use 3D Bead it up lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

SNP209
11-26-2022, 10:02 PM
I've become partial to meguiar's hybrid ceramic detailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fd8LAWN9S0s

Dr Oldz
11-27-2022, 02:15 AM
I like 3D bead it up a lot.

I also like TWHS Wet Wax as a drying aid! (Not sure if that counts as a topper to you but it does to me)

Coatingsarecrack
11-27-2022, 03:37 AM
I was going to add ones available in gallons only. But that wouldn't be as popular for the hobbyist detailers on here..

You can clutch in gallons but It’s expensive. Still got half galllon…

And I’d be probably dumb enough to buy a gallon of PA High Gloss if available….

DFB
11-27-2022, 05:05 AM
I've become partial to meguiar's hybrid ceramic detailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fd8LAWN9S0s

I bought a bottle of that out of curiosity and ended up liking it a lot! If it had a more modern scent, it would be perfect.

https://i.postimg.cc/dVjt6CGT/IMG-2585.jpg (https://postimg.cc/qNgTMzbk)

dlc95
11-27-2022, 06:08 AM
Optimum Car Wax or Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. Those are the two I'm currently using, and really enjoy.

I can use Car Wax as a stand alone, or over Opti-Seal. ID&GE is great over Opti-Seal.

TTQ B4U
11-27-2022, 08:08 AM
I use 3D Bead it Up after each wash. Season long car/refresh details of a car that I've ceramic coated, I use CanCoat, the new EVO now, of course. Reload, etc. are nothing more than glorified detail sprays like Bead it Up. I never saw them lasting long at all.