PDA

View Full Version : New coating - first wash - Reset or something else?

briarpatch
11-22-2022, 06:58 PM
As the title says....I recently put Gyeon MOHS on my truck......first coating I've ever used. According to the instructions, I should not wash it for two weeks, which comes up this Saturday. As luck would have it, the temps are also supposed to rebound to near 60 degrees (from 19 Monday morning). My question is.....and forgive this coating newbie if it's a stupid question.....should I use Reset or something else for the first wash. Currently on the shelf are Reset, Megs HyperWash and Auto Fanatic 007 Snow foam. Which of these should I use, or should I order something else?

As a side note....I'd recommend MOHS to anyone. It was very easy to use, and it will be well maintained, so hopefully I get the max life out of it.

CleanIT
11-22-2022, 07:32 PM
I've been using Reset for every wash the last 7 months. I really like Reset. Some only use it for when a stronger wash is needed. I prefer every wash. Hyperwash is also great and would work as well.

PaulMys
11-22-2022, 07:38 PM
As the title says....I recently put Gyeon MOHS on my truck......first coating I've ever used. According to the instructions, I should not wash it for two weeks, which comes up this Saturday. As luck would have it, the temps are also supposed to rebound to near 60 degrees (from 19 Monday morning). My question is.....and forgive this coating newbie if it's a stupid question.....should I use Reset or something else for the first wash. Currently on the shelf are Reset, Megs HyperWash and Auto Fanatic 007 Snow foam. Which of these should I use, or should I order something else?

As a side note....I'd recommend MOHS to anyone. It was very easy to use, and it will be well maintained, so hopefully I get the max life out of it.

No such thing here........ :)

opie
11-22-2022, 07:55 PM
I have only used one of those soaps you listed, and thats reset. I dont think you could ever go wrong with it. So i wont suggest something i havent used.

Lucky you on the weather. Its gonna warm up here to almost 50 this weekend but its all rain.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

The Guz
11-22-2022, 08:19 PM
Reset or Hyperwash is fine.

Coatingsarecrack
11-23-2022, 02:15 AM
Yep any of the 3.

Reset is actually PH wise less aggressive than HyperWash but is known to be a better cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer
11-23-2022, 07:12 AM
For coatings Reset and Hyperwash were my go-tos for regular washes.

Flash Gordon
11-23-2022, 10:07 AM
I don't use anything. My thought is if a coating needs a booster I might as well stick with wax.

briarpatch
11-23-2022, 10:35 AM
I don't use anything. My thought is if a coating needs a booster I might as well stick with wax.

I was asking opinions on what soap to use for it's initial wash

Lance Mark
11-23-2022, 10:52 AM
I used ECH2O on CanCoat....very lubey....easy to work with, leaves a really great shine

Flash Gordon
11-23-2022, 12:31 PM
I was asking opinions on what soap to use for it's initial wash

Gotcha. I misread. I use a car wash soap that I get locally, so not much help.

Happy thanksgiving!!

WhiteShadow89
11-23-2022, 12:59 PM
For Ceramic coatings I generally would match the shampoo to the coating. For example CQuartz with Reset, CSL with G wash etc. With that being said, Reset is a great shampoo and you should be fine using it every wash.

392hemi
11-23-2022, 08:13 PM
I used ECH2O on CanCoat....very lubey....easy to work with, leaves a really great shine

Lol @ lubey. You're right though always surprises me and leaves an amazing shine. I've yet to find anything better. I exclusively do rinseless or waterless wash (and touchless washes), unless I rarely have access to a hose. Ech2o ans N914 have been phenomenal.

Lance Mark
11-25-2022, 10:40 AM
Lol @ lubey. You're right though always surprises me and leaves an amazing shine. I've yet to find anything better. I exclusively do rinseless or waterless wash (and touchless washes), unless I rarely have access to a hose. Ech2o ans N914 have been phenomenal.

a man after my own heart :)

I use ECH2O as my regular

I have AP's Glass Coat and High Gloss on my bike....when I want to reapply the high gloss which is super easy to do, I wash with McKee's