PDA

View Full Version : Thanks AG and community!

dublifecrisis
04-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to AG and all the wonderful stuff I've learned. Just a few short months ago, I was ok with just washing my cars and laying a little wax on top. Sure, I was careful and knew not to drop the mitt, use 2 buckets, wash in the shade etc...heck I even had some quik detail spray and a cali duster...LOL

NOW, no thanks to you all, I can't stop spending money. Sure, I frequent 'that other detailing site' but it's AG that brings the UPS man to my house. 3 weeks ago, my PC/Menzerna kit arrived....This past Monday, big brown brought me ONR, OOS, OPS and OCW. In a couple weeks, I plan to add 303, Meg's 105, more pads, and some P21S wheel gel. All this along with my OTC adventures has allowed me to practice my new passion on a couple vehicles. Hopefully, my pic posting skills are better than my detailing skills.

ehuth1
04-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Enjoy the addiction :) Vehicles look great!

dublifecrisis
04-25-2008, 07:51 AM
ok, without starting a new thread and/or hijacking another, let me pose a question here. 2 of the 3 cars I did above still had SOME light scratches. They were only noticable under my halogens and seem to be filled a little after LSP. I'd like to blame my inexperience a little before thinking that Menzerna IP and orange pad combo isn't enough even after 2-3 passes.
Would you guys/gals suggest I pick up a compound like Meg's 105 OR step up to a yellow pad (kinda unsure about that)? Are wool pads/MF wool pads decent on a PC?
My process is IP/orange on a 2X2 area. I spread at speed 3 and kick up to 6 with slow overlapping up/down/side/side passes until the polish is just a light film. Seems to break down quickly at about 2 minutes max before dust starts flying out. I use a good bit of pressure.

ZoranC
04-25-2008, 02:33 PM
ok, without starting a new thread and/or hijacking another, let me pose a question here. 2 of the 3 cars I did above still had SOME light scratches.
Scratches or swirls?

HHIslander
04-25-2008, 05:17 PM
NOW, no thanks to you all, I can't stop spending money......it's AG that brings the UPS man to my house.

:whs: