PDA

View Full Version : Revisited. Very contraversal subject. Iron remover clay? Just Clay?

Pages : [1] 2

DanaDetailingPros
11-15-2022, 07:52 PM
If IronX, Bilt Hamber Korrosol or Gtechniq W6 were $40-50 Gallon It wouldn't be such an issue. But $100 a gallon. And I use roughly 10oz per car. Adams has the best price at $45 gallon.
I have heard some are a little better than others. But for the most part they all do the trick! I personally have a liter of IRONX and it has taken the brunt of the claying job in IMHO. But for roughly $12 a car I tend to say SHINE! Nice to have on hand for the really bad cars. I'm curious to hear what you guys say?

chilly
11-15-2022, 08:20 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221116/892d22bd76059cddd26505c92bb958c3.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMys
11-15-2022, 08:33 PM
I take a 1"x 4" rare earth magnet, spray it with lube, and drag it over the entire surface of the paint.

Mars the hell out of the paint, but pulls ALL the iron out.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

DanaDetailingPros
11-16-2022, 02:29 AM
I take a 1"x 4" rare earth magnet, spray it with lube, and drag it over the entire surface of the paint.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221116/892d22bd76059cddd26505c92bb958c3.jpeg

Another one $30! WTH?

chilly
11-16-2022, 02:45 AM
Another one $30! WTH?

More like $11-12 at most places OTC

Safe on paint and very effective

Bosko
11-16-2022, 04:14 AM

You need to step it up to save time....local scrap yard will do a car for me for $4.86

https://i.imgur.com/hI9ayxF.png

Coatingsarecrack
11-16-2022, 04:54 AM
Weird I was going to recommend getting them at a 25% off sale but AG does not have any of them in gallons.

Autopia Carry’s Iron X in gallons so weird AG does not.

The Meguiars Ultimate is decent OTC but I have used a lot better.

The Adam’s reviews well and a few pro’s here use it. With it being SO much cheaper I would probably order it as I have not looked up Iron Decon lately…. Prices are crazy.

The 2 I like best you can get pretty cheap when you catch a sale. Both are gels in consistency and have long dwell times.

Griots Iron and Fallout remover can be had from AG for $60 when there is a 25% off sale.

I bought Blackfire Iron remover when it was a lot cheaper and there was a 40% off sale to do friends and family and save Iron X for my car. Fell in love with the stuff. Works extremely well, dwells for a long time due to it being a gel.

Best part is it says to use on a dirty car so saves me time.

Price shot up to $99 but can be had for $60 if you wait for a %40 off house brand sale.

I got mine for less than $40 and wouldn’t have if it wasn’t so cheap. I will now pay up for this as I like it the best.

opie
11-16-2022, 05:30 AM
I use adams iron remover and it works for me. Ive gone through acouple gallons of it. I got a bottle of iron x as a promo one time and it did worked too but i did not notice any difference between the two.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

DanaDetailingPros
11-16-2022, 09:25 AM
You need to step it up to save time....local scrap yard will do a car for me for $4.86

Weird I was going to recommend getting them at a 25% off sale but AG does not have any of them in gallons.

Autopia Carry’s Iron X in gallons so weird AG does not.

The Meguiars Ultimate is decent OTC but I have used a lot better.

The Adam’s reviews well and a few pro’s here use it. With it being SO much cheaper I would probably order it as I have not looked up Iron Decon lately…. Prices are crazy.

The 2 I like best you can get pretty cheap when you catch a sale. Both are gels in consistency and have long dwell times.

Griots Iron and Fallout remover can be had from AG for $60 when there is a 25% off sale.

I bought Blackfire Iron remover when it was a lot cheaper and there was a 40% off sale to do friends and family and save Iron X for my car. Fell in love with the stuff. Works extremely well, dwells for a long time due to it being a gel.

Best part is it says to use on a dirty car so saves me time.

Price shot up to $99 but can be had for $60 if you wait for a %40 off house brand sale.

I got mine for less than $40 and wouldn’t have if it wasn’t so cheap. I will now pay up for this as I like it the best.

I use adams iron remover and it works for me. Ive gone through acouple gallons of it. I got a bottle of iron x as a promo one time and it did worked too but i did not notice any difference between the two.

I just bought one from Adam's. I got the sprayer combo vs. the extra 16oz. bottle so it was 1 gallon with the IK Adam signature sprayer that sells by itself for $26. Out the door w/shipping $67
I love the IronX but for $120 for 4 liter I'll clay my ass off!Im the MAN

DanaDetailingPros
11-16-2022, 09:28 AM

Reminded me of being a kid and collecting iron with are big stereo magnets in the playground sand. lol Any one ever do that. One with the largest magnet was KING!

opie
11-16-2022, 09:41 AM
I just bought one from Adam's. I got the sprayer combo vs. the extra 16oz. bottle so it was 1 gallon with the IK Adam signature sprayer that sells by itself for $26. Out the door w/shipping $67
I love the IronX but for $120 for 4 liter I'll clay my ass off!Im the MANYes i use it in a ik multi 1.5 as well. Much easier than using a regular spray bottle.

PouncingPanzer
11-16-2022, 09:49 AM
The ingredients for these products are expensive and that is unavoidable unfortunately. I only use them for my "decon washes" which easily kills half a 16oz bottle. If I was in the business, I would feel the pain of the cost more.

Coatingsarecrack
11-16-2022, 12:06 PM
Iron remover is not a substitute for clay. It’s to make claying less aggressive.

Some will also use when doing decon when finish is good as to not add marring to finish.

If you are going to polish and paint needs it you should definitely clay

DanaDetailingPros
11-16-2022, 12:31 PM
Yes i use it in a ik multi 1.5 as well. Much easier than using a regular spray bottle.

The ingredients for these products are expensive and that is unavoidable unfortunately. I only use them for my "decon washes" which easily kills half a 16oz bottle. If I was in the business, I would feel the pain of the cost more.

Iron remover is not a substitute for clay. It’s to make claying less aggressive.

Some will also use when doing decon when finish is good as to not add marring to finish.

If you are going to polish and paint needs it you should definitely clay

Yes I don't plan on claying any vehicles that have been taken care of. Unfortunately most haven't when they decide to dish out good money for neglecting there car. In any case is why I started the thread. I just have found it really makes claying a whole lot easier. My question is allot of detailer's will swear it's not necessary and get the end results without it since there going to clay regardless. I just wanted to get everyone take. Mainly because I hate spending roughly $12-15 a car. I also feel it makes coating safer without marring.

2black1s
11-16-2022, 01:27 PM
Yes I don't plan on claying any vehicles that have been taken care of. Unfortunately most haven't when they decide to dish out good money for neglecting there car. In any case is why I started the thread. I just have found it really makes claying a whole lot easier. My question is allot of detailer's will swear it's not necessary and get the end results without it since there going to clay regardless. I just wanted to get everyone take. Mainly because I hate spending roughly $12-15 a car. I also feel it makes coating safer without marring.

Relative to the bolded sentence, you can count me as in that camp.