PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Nano Ibrid

DETAILROOKIE
11-06-2022, 10:20 PM
Hello everyone! I finally used my Rupes Ibrid for the first time and felt that it was severely underpowered. I tried all three movments and it barely cut and kept stalling with the 3mm and 12mm. I was using Rupes Yellow pad with Perfect Finish just to clean up light swirls in a tight spot, and it barely removed them until I used the rotary attachment. The panels were flat so I wasn't using it on any curves. Is this normal? I used the same pad and polish combo throughout the whole car, but should I have used a stronger polish when using the ibrid? Any advice would be great!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Guz
11-06-2022, 11:43 PM
I have had my ibrid since it first came out. I have not had this issue. It does correct and it had enough power. I am usually using it at speed 3 with no pressure on the end. The 12mm is the option you want to use or the rotary. The 3mm option is prone to stalling just like the Flex PXE 80. I will mention that I use mine as a dedicated 1 inch polisher and the PXE 80 as my dedicated 3 inch polisher.

The paint hardness will also dictate how much correction is needed. Perhaps try a firmer foam or even a microfiber pad. My ibrid is great and Rupes recently repaired the speed setting logic board and my ibrid feels more powerful than when I first purchased it.

DFB
11-07-2022, 04:50 AM
With the Nano, you don't really use much pressure, at least not as much as larger 3, 5 or 6 inch machines.

dlc95
11-07-2022, 06:59 AM
Just takes time getting used to it.

I don't use much if any pressure - ever, but the Nano is more sensitive to than even a dedicated 3" polisher.

Rsurfer
11-07-2022, 12:57 PM
Like The Guz mentioned, use the 12mm or rotary.

DETAILROOKIE
11-07-2022, 11:23 PM
Thanks everyone! I read some articles and saw the 3mm is useless for polishing, so I will experiment more with the rotary and 12mm and play with the pressure.

I'm use to moderate pressure on the 3inch polishers, but this thing is really sensitive to any pressure I guess. Looks like I need another car to practice on.

DanaDetailingPros
11-07-2022, 11:26 PM
I have had my ibrid since it first came out. I have not had this issue. It does correct and it had enough power. I am usually using it at speed 3 with no pressure on the end. The 12mm is the option you want to use or the rotary. The 3mm option is prone to stalling just like the Flex PXE 80. I will mention that I use mine as a dedicated 1 inch polisher and the PXE 80 as my dedicated 3 inch polisher.

The paint hardness will also dictate how much correction is needed. Perhaps try a firmer foam or even a microfiber pad. My ibrid is great and Rupes recently repaired the speed setting logic board and my ibrid feels more powerful than when I first purchased it.

Thanks everyone! I read some articles and saw the 3mm is useless for polishing, so I will experiment more with the rotary and 12mm and play with the pressure.

I'm used to moderate pressure on the 3inch polishers, but this thing is really sensitive to any pressure I guess. Looks like I need another car to practice on.

Any difference with the electric adapter?

The Guz
11-08-2022, 01:07 AM

Never used it and never had a need to. All cordless for me when using it.

dgage
11-08-2022, 02:47 AM

Very slight improvement in power as compared to a fresh battery but not enough for me to use it except when the batteries aren’t charged. Don’t think any material difference in working with pads.