PDA

View Full Version : System X diamond??

buddy01
11-06-2022, 08:17 AM
Hello everyone, my father who is located out in Florida was looking at getting his new car ceramic coated. He came to me asking questions, which I am now asking you guys. The same person who just tinted his window offers ceramic coating and uses the brand System X and recommended the diamond one for my dad. I’ve never heard of this brand so was curious if anyone has and what their thoughts are? I did inform
my father his good ole ways of washing his cars (either automatic car wash or lovely armor all) has to go away for sure, and he’ll need to get some PH neutral soap and what not, that I can always help him
with.

He was told by the owner he’d have to come back yearly to renew it, now I don’t know if my dad heard that wrong as in a full new coating or inspection and maybe a dressing, that I have to talk more to him about. But any info I appreciate!

BudgetPlan1
11-06-2022, 09:36 AM
When you’re having a pro do it what you’re really ‘buying’ is the installer as opposed to the product they use. If you’re confident they will stand behind their claims regarding the products performance, which little glass bottle they use is of lesser importance.

If you dig into it a bit more you’ll likely find folks with System X who love it…as well as some who don’t. The yearly checkups are pretty typical (and usually have a cost associated with them) and at that time they’ll probably add a layer of a topcoat to revive any flagging performance.

Dunno much about System X; they had a fairly large booth at SEMA last week in the main detailing-related West Hall…as did IGL, Gtechniq, CeramicPro and others… if that’s any indication of their viability as a solid entity.

If you trust the installer, probably no issues but as with anything, Caveat Emptor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Guz
11-06-2022, 02:48 PM
System X is popular amongst the professional detailers. Like anything you will find good experiences and bad experiences with any coating. You would be surprised how many people get their car coated and they still take it to the automatic car wash.

I am not sure if system x offers any warranty but authorized installer brands generally involve a yearly check up in order for that warranty to be valid. Along with following their recommended maintenance steps. These are the loop holes to not cover the warranty if they do offer one.

You can always maintain it yourself with something like this

System X Renew Ceramic Spray Coating (https://www.autogeek.net/system-x-renew-quick-detailer.html)

dlc95
11-06-2022, 07:05 PM
You would be surprised how many people get their car coated and they still take it to the automatic car wash.

This is so true.

I would say the majority of our clientele does this.

The first Aston (DB11) I ever polished and coated (with Ceramic Pro 9H/Top Coat) comes in for maintenance washes annually, and both times there was "soft" cloth lodged in a molding, and of course the telltale signs of side washer marring.

CleanIT
11-07-2022, 02:41 PM
Renew is their topper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bosko
11-08-2022, 05:12 PM
System X RENEW - Versatile and Easy-to-Use Ceramic Spray Coating - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU11b9x1szY)