PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz UK 3 and ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Texchappy
11-05-2022, 07:06 PM
Now that I have decided to use CQUK 3 on the new Rapid Red Maverick, I’ve decided to put two coats because I decided I want it to last so I don’t have to go through all the polishing & prep for as long as possible. Now I’m wondering if I should put something on top to help it get even more time out of the coating. Gliss or maybe even SiC?

* my main consideration in making these decisions is my limited strength and endurance doe to my disabilities.

Texchappy
11-05-2022, 07:10 PM
Btw & for reference: I’m not a big user of toppers though I do have some Elixir.

Bruno Soares
11-05-2022, 07:24 PM
I’ve used both. I think Sic is a better product to put over UK but Gliss is way easier to apply. I think if I were to do it again, I’d go with Gliss because it worked really well and isn’t likely to leave a high spot.

Rsurfer
11-05-2022, 07:50 PM
Btw & for reference: I’m not a big user of toppers though I do have some Elixir.

Elixir is a QD with little durability. Reload would be considered a topper. BTW Reload has been reformulated.

Texchappy
11-05-2022, 08:21 PM
That’s why I even have Elixir, it’s as close as I come to a topper. Saw that Reload is now 2.0. Might have considered it as protection; after application had it been out when I ordered but not too worried about that aspect because I can keep it in garage. Saw they also have another new product for that purpose. I figure if I’m having to keep applying toppers, why am I spending the time to apply a coating.

Dr Oldz
11-05-2022, 09:04 PM
Uk 3.0 with Sic applied right after has been such a great combo for me. That’s my go to.

The Guz
11-05-2022, 09:14 PM
No need to lay down two layers. CarPro recommends 2 layers but that does not mean required. The second layer would ensure even coverage.

Also if you plan to too with SiC then all you need is one layer of UK and 1 layer of SiC. No need for two layers of UK and one of SiC. That’s overkill.

If you use SiC then you don’t need to use Reload after applying it. It will damage the SiC coating.

As far as toppers if you routinely use Elixir then it will last even longer. Proper maintenance is key for durability along with the occasional decon wash.

If you apply UK and top with Gliss then again no need for Reload. Think of Gliss as a year long application of reload. SiC would be more durable as it’s a stand alone coating.

Or apply two layers of UK and be done.

Texchappy
11-05-2022, 11:21 PM
No need to lay down two layers. CarPro recommends 2 layers but that does not mean required. The second layer would ensure even coverage.

Also if you plan to too with SiC then all you need is one layer of UK and 1 layer of SiC. No need for two layers of UK and one of SiC. That’s overkill.

If you use SiC then you don’t need to use Reload after applying it. It will damage the SiC coating.

As far as toppers if you routinely use Elixir then it will last even longer. Proper maintenance is key for durability along with the occasional decon wash.

If you apply UK and top with Gliss then again no need for Reload. Think of Gliss as a year long application of reload. SiC would be more durable as it’s a stand alone coating.

Or apply two layers of UK and be done.

Leaning toward two layers of UK or or UK with Gliss. Which would you recommend? If I go with the UK + Gliss, two layers of UK?

Coatingsarecrack
11-06-2022, 01:16 AM
Leaning toward two layers of UK or or UK with Gliss. Which would you recommend? If I go with the UK + Gliss, two layers of UK?

I went with 2 layers of UK3 and CanCoat. I would do 2 layers of UK if you have it. SiC is a pain to apply. For ease of use I would do 1layer UK and gloss or CC .

Top again in 1.5 years with the gliss or CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
11-06-2022, 03:06 AM

2 layers of UK

noorth
11-06-2022, 04:57 AM
FYI Carpro will be releasing a new coating soon. D.quartz.

dlc95
11-06-2022, 06:10 AM

The Dquartz is pro only, but they said a consumer version will be on the way.

dlc95
11-06-2022, 06:17 AM
I really like two layers of UK followed by a layer of Gliss. I'd only really want to do that much coating work on something like my gf's Jeep or if I ever get a car worth even washing..

I have a couple test sections with Gliss over one coat of Lite, and two coats of Lite. Looks great and repels dirt and water beautifully. When I did the test with the two layers of UK and one of Gliss on the driver's side of the gf's Jeep it was really impressive, the way it would repel. It was also very glossy and slick to the touch.

The Guz
11-06-2022, 10:59 AM

Not anytime soon for the consumer. This is pro only for now.

Texchappy
11-06-2022, 11:51 AM
I went with 2 layers of UK3 and CanCoat. I would do 2 layers of UK if you have it. SiC is a pain to apply. For ease of use I would do 1layer UK and gloss or CC .

Top again in 1.5 years with the gliss or CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have a new bottle of CanCoat. Bought it for my wife’s Navigator but of course I’ll have a lot left over.