PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips for Griot's Ceramic 3-1 Spray on Black?

ejaf
11-05-2022, 04:07 PM
Hey all,

Can anyone give me some tips/tricks applying Griot's Ceramic 3-1 Spray Wax on a black car?

I am detailing my sister in law's Jeep Compass (black, obvously), and have noticed that it streaks really easily.

The only way I have been able to get rid of them is after appying, going over the area with the damp microfiber I am using to apply, and then immediately buff it off with my other microfiber.

Thanks in advance...Eric

evo77
11-05-2022, 05:01 PM
Apply less. You don't need a lot. If your spraying down a whole panel its way too much.

And make sure your using quality MF towels.

Larry A
11-05-2022, 05:49 PM
a little goes a long way. Ive done 6 cars and hardly used any.

MisterSnoop
11-05-2022, 05:58 PM
I'd do it in the shade as well. Hot panels are another common cause for streaking and black can get hotter.

ejaf
11-05-2022, 06:45 PM
Gotcha...thanks!!!

I may be using too much...but I'm not doing a whole panel at a time.

Got three more panels left to do tmow...looks real nice so far. Trying to figure out whether to actually tell her I did it. It's in our driveway for another 3 weeks. Maybe see if she notices anything, since I didn't tell her I was going to do it, just can't stand dirty car in the driveway ;)

Eric

UncleDavy
11-05-2022, 07:16 PM
It does have a tendency to streak especially on darker colored vehicles. Use the least amount of product as possible. The proper towel also makes a difference. The Griots plush edgeless is a great towel. If you see streaking, you can even it out with some detail spray or some Beadmaker.

Coatingsarecrack
11-06-2022, 01:52 AM
Hey all,

Can anyone give me some tips/tricks applying Griot's Ceramic 3-1 Spray Wax on a black car?

I am detailing my sister in law's Jeep Compass (black, obvously), and have noticed that it streaks really easily.

The only way I have been able to get rid of them is after appying, going over the area with the damp microfiber I am using to apply, and then immediately buff it off with my other microfiber.

Thanks in advance...Eric

Yes,

Make sure to polish the paint as fine as possible. Then take it to dealer of your choice and trade it in for a different color and see if she notices.

Jokes aside I spray 2squirts per panel max. I spray into towel once and then another half way through. I buff with dry towel and then come back with damp one if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evo77
11-06-2022, 11:14 AM
I may be using too much...but I'm not doing a whole panel at a time.

Got three more panels left to do tmow...looks real nice so far.

I think you missed the point of what a quick spray wax is! You shoulda knocked that whole car out in less than a hour man! Spray, wipe, buff.

How is it that your not done???:laughing:
(teasing you)

ejaf
11-06-2022, 03:57 PM
I think you missed the point of what a quick spray wax is! You shoulda knocked that whole car out in less than a hour man! Spray, wipe, buff.

How is it that your not done???:laughing:
(teasing you)

lol...wish I had an hour...honeydew list was quite long, since the weather was so good...had to pull trees and bushes out first, which were meesing up my sewer line ;)

E

dlc95
11-06-2022, 06:57 PM
Yes,

Make sure to polish the paint as fine as possible. Then take it to dealer of your choice and trade it in for a different color and see if she notices.

Jokes aside I spray 2squirts per panel max. I spray into towel once and then another half way through. I buff with dry towel and then come back with damp one if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also find with these products that spraying into the microfiber rater than onto the paint yields me better results.

It's so counterintuitive at first! But once you settle into a routine, it's so much easier.

Even Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer gives me grief if over applied onto the paint.