PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Lite Shelf Life

dlc95
11-04-2022, 04:25 PM
As we know, the CarPro Lite bottle is enormous!

I took delivery of mine in April of 2022, and used it on several cars. I also did a lot of demo panels for my co-workers. It's been a great hit, and a lot of guys liked it.

I had planned on letting one of the guys use the rest of the whatever I had left on his car..

The problem is that when I went to use it, it was pretty stubborn ro remove. It was aittle sticky and grabby. I don't remember it behaving that way.

So, is this normal for a coating that's approaching the end of it's usable shelf life?

I really like that it's now being paired with a glass bottle. I'll be picking up another one of those bottles. I have to say that CarPro really did a nice job with that one. Tremendous value,and when used in it's window, a super easy to use, durable ceramic coating. Even with that pycarbonate bottle.

Rsurfer
11-04-2022, 05:00 PM
Shake the hell out of it, if it still feels sticky the carrying agents probably evaporated so toss it.

dlc95
11-04-2022, 06:27 PM
Shake the hell out of it, if it still feels sticky the carrying agents probably evaporated so toss it.

Will do!

Thanks!

noorth
11-04-2022, 06:32 PM
I would probably be all over lite if they made a smaller bottle! Then again i bought cancoat lol

How did you apply it? I have seen people put it in a spray bottle and use it like cancoat.

The Guz
11-04-2022, 06:45 PM
It’s done. About about 6-8 months it starts to gel up and become harder to use. At 1 year it will crystallize.

dlc95
11-04-2022, 07:12 PM
I would probably be all over lite if they made a smaller bottle! Then again i bought cancoat lol

How did you apply it? I have seen people put it in a spray bottle and use it like cancoat.

I really like the CarPro block/suede. I never even used the applicators that came with the kit.

dlc95
11-04-2022, 07:13 PM
It’s done. About about 6-8 months it starts to gel up and become harder to use. At 1 year it will crystallize.

That's what I was thinking. There maybe between a quarter and an eighth left.

The Guz
11-04-2022, 09:26 PM
That's what I was thinking. There maybe between a quarter and an eighth left.

Happened to mine. You’re better off buying a new bottle.