PDA

View Full Version : 3 vehicles divided by 4 products- help me do the math

Texchappy
10-30-2022, 01:44 PM
The three vehicles…
1. 2022 First Edition Ford Maverick - brands new black and silver wheels
2. 2014 Lincoln Navigator - these wheels have had little attention pains to them even though we’ve owned it since new
3. 2008 Last of Supercharged MINI Cooper convertible - my baby and definitely want to take care of these matte silver & black Night Spoke wheels*

The four products
1. Gyeon Q2 Rim - bought this a while back to put on the MINI but haven’t been up to taking the wheels off, unopened and looks to be sound coating
2. GTechniq c5 wheel armor - sent to me by a member (thanks Guz) and though opened still looks good in bottle.
3. DLux - just bought with intention of putting on the Mav
4. Bouncer’s wheel wax - had this unopened jar for quite a while

So how would you divide up what you put on what vehicle?

* the MINI is the only vehicle not going to wear a coating. I’ve been using my leftover sealants and waxes (mostly Opt stuff). The plan is to put CQUK 3.0 on Mav and replace CQUARTZ lite with CanCoat Evo when the Navigator is done.

The Guz
10-30-2022, 03:36 PM
The three vehicles…
1. 2022 First Edition Ford Maverick - brands new black and silver wheels
2. 2014 Lincoln Navigator - these wheels have had little attention pains to them even though we’ve owned it since new
3. 2008 Last of Supercharged MINI Cooper convertible - my baby and definitely want to take care of these matte silver & black Night Spoke wheels*

The four products
1. Gyeon Q2 Rim - bought this a while back to put on the MINI but haven’t been up to taking the wheels off, unopened and looks to be sound coating
2. GTechniq c5 wheel armor - sent to me by a member (thanks Guz) and though opened still looks good in bottle.
3. DLux - just bought with intention of putting on the Mav
4. Bouncer’s wheel wax - had this unopened jar for quite a while

So how would you divide up what you put on what vehicle?

* the MINI is the only vehicle not going to wear a coating. I’ve been using my leftover sealants and waxes (mostly Opt stuff). The plan is to put CQUK 3.0 on Mav and replace CQUARTZ lite with CanCoat Evo when the Navigator is done.

I don’t even remember sending you C5 lol. Make sure it is still good. It is old by now.

I haven’t used any sort of wheel wax or sealant in years especially with coatings.

With the coatings you have DLUX would be the best choice. It will outperform both of those other two.

Gyeon Rim needs the Evo formulation to be durable and C5 lacks in self cleaning and hydrophobic’s.

Be sure to prep the wheels to maximize the durability of the coating.

Here’s a DLUX application video I made.

Ceramic Coating Wheels with @CarPro DLUX
Ceramic Coating Wheels with @CarPro DLUX - YouTube (https://youtu.be/vMlwjSQQAPY)

Texchappy
10-30-2022, 03:43 PM
Guz, it’s been a while since you sent it to me. It still flows very well in the bottle. I’ll be sure to look for floating solids in both it and the Rim if I decide to use either of them.

Eta: the wheel armor was a bonus when you sent me some Adam’s up leather & vinyl coating. Watched that video a couple of nights ago. Wonder how far that bottle of DLux will stretch? Probably not to three sets of wheels, especially if I use it on the plastic trim of the Maverick.

Texchappy
10-30-2022, 06:08 PM
So the wax is out. In reading I’m pretty sure I can do the MINI and Mav with one bottle of DLux. The only directions I found for using two coats of DLux was on Obsessed Garage and said one hour to second coat. Sound right? Second coat worth it?

The Guz
10-30-2022, 10:06 PM
I covered that in my video I posted as well. 1 hour.

Texchappy
10-31-2022, 01:00 PM
Sorry I missed that in your video; I remember you talking about the longevity with two coats but not the time between. I did watch it late at night though lol.

Here’s the wheels for reference…
Mav

Navigator (poor and abused as they are)

MINI

And my fingers after feeling the inner barrel…

dgage
10-31-2022, 01:55 PM
And my fingers after feeling the inner barrel…

Oh the horror! :) I’m sure mine look the same way. Out of sight, out of mind. :)

Texchappy
10-31-2022, 02:00 PM
I finally bought one of those long mf brushes for wheels. Hadn’t had anything to really reach back in there. That and wheels are hard to do from a wheelchair.