PDA

View Full Version : Care Regimen for Car Sitting Outdoors

chefwong
10-30-2022, 08:47 AM
Been like a decade+ since I've had a car sit outdoors 24/7. Ran out of room in the garage

Things I've noticed. The obvious. Morning dew covers the entire car.
Even when washed, just the (fall leaf dust) just keeps it a bit -dusty- regardless,
I'm sure it may look dirtier during the winter /rainy season. LOL. DEW is already bothering me.

Do you guys do anything -different- on how you treat your horizontal surfaces (hood or roof) ?

Bosko
10-30-2022, 09:27 AM
I buy extra KleenX to wipe away my tears....lots of therapy has helped....:D

Seriously though...
I use a blower most of the time for dust/dew
Speed detailer works about 50% of the time after the blower without needing to do maintenance washes.
Good Ol.....wash the vehicle....often........VERY often......:D

As far as protection Ceramic SIO2 sprays every 2-3 weeks will keep up durability.
https://i.imgur.com/RqsiJea.jpg

briarpatch
10-30-2022, 09:43 AM
My truck has sat outside most of its life (9 years, 117k miles). It typically gets washed once every three weeks, as I've three cars to take car of in my household. The regimen has not changed, although, thanks to the good folks on this forum and others, my processes have improved. Every other wash, it gets some type of a booster. My current favorite is Sonax Ceramic Detail Spray.

PA DETAILER
10-30-2022, 09:49 AM
Truck is outside 24/7. I just make sure it has ample protection. And do Maintenace washes weekly. And add TWHS WET WAX after my washes. Come winter I just grin and bear it. When the weather breaks, I do get wash(s) in.

chefwong
10-30-2022, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I know. Real world problems.

I've tinkered with the blower. While it get's the dew - between the dew/dust, the dust doesn't move was much as I would like
I suppose it's a static effect

If it looks lightly dusty/dirty - like feather light, I've been doing N914 waterless wipedowns. But anything past -light-, I'm not going to touch it with a towel or sponge until it get's a real H20 bucket wash. Never been a fan of rinse less. It's either full bucket washes and or Waterless - But waterless is more like I took it out for a Sunday spin and you can barely make out out the debris.