PDA

View Full Version : Is it AG.NET's policy to not inform customers of backorders?

Pages : [1] 2

Mindflux
04-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I placed my first AG.NET order Friday and didn't expect it to ship until Monday. But Monday passes, Tuesday passes and today I contact them to be told that some parts were out of stock and they were waiting on them to arrive (which they claim has happened).. and my order will ship today. (Supposedly)

Wouldn't it have been common courtesy to write or call and say "hey, we're waiting on stuff before we can ship your order"?

Granted it's just two days, but it would have been likely that my items would have gotten here before weeks end had they shipped Monday. Now it'll be early/mid next week and I'll have to skip out detailing this weekend because of it.

At any rate. A little quick email is all it would have taken to appease me. (and others in a similar situation).

Next time I need product I'll think twice about ordering and trusting that things are actually in stock.

wytstang
04-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Yes an email or call should have been dispatched. I do know they recently moved to a new (larger) warehouse so thing may not be up to par just yet. But at any rate an email or call should have been sent.

Jimmie
04-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I'll put AG's customer service up against anybodies, anyday, and even right after they move their whole operation from few blocks away to their new shevles/locations.

Bunky
04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Times sure have changed.

I recall a few years back one could go weeks waiting for an order to arrive without any word on status. The check was cashed but never had a clue when it would arrive nor could call anyone to find out.

Now, we experience instant email notification of order received, often same day or next day shipping, and now when that is the norm we are not happy.

I am not commenting on this situation but just realized how used to certain things we get when the technology is possible. It sure raises the bar on sellers on the customer service side and is a major expense to any company that carries a broad line of product to have a lot of inventory in stock to fulfill orders quickly.

Mindflux
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Times sure have changed.

I recall a few years back one could go weeks waiting for an order to arrive without any word on status. The check was cashed but never had a clue when it would arrive nor could call anyone to find out.

Now, we experience instant email notification of order received, often same day or next day shipping, and now when that is the norm we are not happy.

I am not commenting on this situation but just realized how used to certain things we get when the technology is possible. It sure raises the bar on sellers on the customer service side and is a major expense to any company that carries a broad line of product to have a lot of inventory in stock to fulfill orders quickly.

Heck a few years back you could order just about anything NET 30. Nevermind having to pre-pay. :p

It's my first order, after using CMA for many years and so far this isn't the best experience. I can only hope everything arrives with no further delay or whatever else could go wrong.

Matt S.
04-23-2008, 11:57 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience. We are still trying to catch up from our move and with manufacturer backorders on top of all that, things have gotten pretty hectic. We are trying our best and have removed all shipping charges from your order.

Your order will be shipped out today and you will receive tracking info around 6pm EST.

:cheers:

Mindflux
04-23-2008, 12:01 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience. We are still trying to catch up from our move and with manufacturer backorders on top of all that, things have gotten pretty hectic. We are trying our best and have removed all shipping charges from your order.

Your order will be shipped out today and you will receive tracking info around 6pm EST.

:cheers:

I used the free shipping coupon from the get go since I ordered enough to qualify for it. :buffing:

makdaddy626
04-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Mindflux...
I agree you should have received a call or an e-mail (I'm assuming you included both your e-mail address and phone number with the order). I'm only responding to this thread because I see you're relatively new (at least to the forum) and didn't want you to let this one less than perfect experience color your opinion of AG.

Browse the forum and you'll find many examples of AG going above and WELL beyond in the customer service category... I once placed an order and received an email back (same day) that one of my products was out of stock, when I called Meghan about a subtitution, my order had already been packaged and placed on the truck, Meghan took it upon herself to gather my replacement products, climb onto the truck, locate my package, add the products and re-seal... Then, since it had already been processed declined to charge me for the replacements.

There are lots of examples like that...

I've seen some drop off in response times during the move to the new warehouse but over-all am still very happy. You won't have to look far to find outfits that not only won't ship your order for several days (even if everything is in stock), but won't answer the phone or return your calls (*Cough* ### *Cough*).

Anyway, I don't get anything or lose anything either way, just thought I'd butt in with my 2 cents. ;)

Mindflux
04-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Makdaddy,
Thanks for that. I'm glad a lot of folks have confidence in AutoGeek. I want to, too as their selection is vast! Amazing, truly. Hopefully next time I'll get a warning.

makdaddy626
04-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Makdaddy,
Thanks for that. I'm glad a lot of folks have confidence in AutoGeek. I want to, too as their selection is vast! Amazing, truly. Hopefully next time I'll get a warning.

Chances are, next time you won't need one, you'll just get a shipping confirmation. :D

MadOzodi
04-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Mindflux, IMO AG and "delta delta" set the bar. In fact, AG has spoiled me that I compare EVERYTHING I order online to them. I ordered my Flex 3401 while it was on backorder. The day AG got their allocation, Dwayne actually called leaving me a voicemail, telling me they got them in and that mine would ship that same day.

Meghan has also left Tom Brady to go out, find and add something to my order that was already packed and ready to be shipped.

You won't be disappointed with your next order; they're like clockwork to me.

Mindflux
04-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Chances are, next time you won't need one, you'll just get a shipping confirmation. :D

mmhm. well the other stuff I want at least says it's backordered on the page. :D

makdaddy626
04-23-2008, 01:10 PM
A few examples... from a quick search.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/9006-show-meghan-some-love.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/car-care-product-giveaways/8496-what-do-you-love-most-about-autogeek.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/5914-wow-ag-just-amazing.html

Bert31
04-23-2008, 01:22 PM
I have been purposely holding off on an order from Autogeek due to their recent move. When any company moves its warehouse location, it takes a month or two to get all of the bugs out of the the logistics of inventory management. Once that month or two is up, I will go back to ordering with Autogeek knowing full well their service will be just fine again.

BygDaddy
04-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I, for one, am very pleased with AG, good service, godd support, great forum for learning.
It is unfortunate this order got delayed, IMO, it is not the normal way they do things!