PDA

View Full Version : GOOD NEWS on the Camaro repairs!!!!

Don M
10-26-2022, 11:09 AM
The shop I took the Camaro to for a 2nd opinion just called me. The front and rear seals are bone dry, meaning NO leaks, air or oil. The front wheel bearing does need replaced (I knew that), the battery is OK and he says the clutch is working fine, to leave it alone until it goes out.

He did say that there is a fuel pressure sensor showing bad (likely cause of the 'limp home mode' issue) that is under the intake manifold. Which would require removing the intake, replacing the sensor & intake gaskets and reinstalling the intake, but that's it. He's going to call me back with the estimate for the NEEDED repairs, but right now all I owe him is the $135 diagnostic fee BIG THUMBS UP!!
Thank You North East Ohio Camaro Club for connecting me with this shop.
Total cost for the repairs (including the diagnostic time which was roughly 2 days) will be $1,218, which also includes the wheel bearing. Unfortunately, right now I am in employment limbo, not working (just burning all my accumulated time) but not RETIRED (YES, FINALLY) yet. So I'm just going to let the Camaro have a much needed vacation in the garage for the winter and get it fixed in the Spring, by which time my finances SHOULD be stabilized.

And thanks to all of you who pushed me to get a 2nd opinion. I've been in a dark place because of work, and I HAVE NOT been thinking straight.

Silly Rabbit
10-26-2022, 11:37 AM
Great news. And use that Camaro as an outlet, in reguards to your work situation. After a day at work, go wash the car, get lost in it and detach from your work. Admire the ride and go for a quiet, mellow drive after. Use it as therapy. Every little thing to help lift you up.

PaulMys
10-26-2022, 04:51 PM
GREAT news, Don!! :props:

dgage
10-26-2022, 05:08 PM
GREAT news, Don!! :props:

I second that Don. I was really worried for you after all you’ve been dealing with. Hope this is the start of the good news for you!

Don M
10-26-2022, 07:25 PM
Great news. And use that Camaro as an outlet, in reguards to your work situation. After a day at work, go wash the car, get lost in it and detach from your work. Admire the ride and go for a quiet, mellow drive after. Use it as therapy. Every little thing to help lift you up.

LOL, I haven't worked since September 30th, I've been on FMLA leave for severe stress CAUSED by work. The Camaro's issues came up 3 days into my time off, and I've been so messed up by work and bummed out because the Camaro was "broken" that I just haven't been able to take advantage of the nice weather we had earlier in the week to just wash the car & cruise somewhere, work has done THAT much damage.

Sizzle Chest
10-26-2022, 08:37 PM
Glad you got some good news on it, keep us posted!