PDA

View Full Version : Stoner Car Care getting in on the Sio2 frenzy

Pages : [1] 2

CleanIT
10-26-2022, 10:04 AM
Stoner Car Care (https://stonercarcare.com/)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221026/ec77e4b767a682708c251b635f135142.jpg

High solids ceramic coating coming in November.

opie
10-26-2022, 10:17 AM
Im sure you will try it out lol. Anything with the word hybrid ceramic is a turnoff for me.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
10-26-2022, 10:19 AM
LOL I ordered the new Cerakote Rapid Ceramic Sealant for our other car. Gonna try that soon.

The Stoner Ceramic Wax looks very hydrophobic from some videos I've seen.

PA DETAILER
10-26-2022, 11:08 AM
Their old quick detailer is quite good. Have an unopened bottle. Good drying aid too.

evo77
10-26-2022, 11:17 AM
Unless I can be convinced that this (or any other brand) is game-changing and revolutionary, then I'm just not motivated to try it and I'll just stick with what I have. I'm sure it beads well but so do hundreds of other products. And even if this had strong beading for 3 months solid, so do other products.

I would be more excited to see something hit and shake up the market with tremendous value and performance. I'm talking about a 17 oz bottle of simple spray-on-wipe-off, 6 month solid durability, Cancoat-like beading for under $10 retail. Sounds fantastic but highly unlikely to ever occur, lol.

Bosko
10-26-2022, 11:25 AM
Unless

I would be more excited to see something hit and shake up the market with tremendous value and performance. I'm talking about a 17 oz bottle of simple spray-on-wipe-off, 6 month solid durability, Cancoat-like beading for under $10 retail. Sounds fantastic but highly unlikely to ever occur, lol.

Polysiloxane...hits 2 of the 3 requests....price is another thing.....but at $40 I find it unbeatable IMO

It is the main ingredient in Meg's"HyBrid" paint coating....many others are following now with products being introduce into the market.
Apex just launched his own private brand.....

CleanIT
10-26-2022, 11:29 AM
Unless I can be convinced that this (or any other brand) is game-changing and revolutionary, then I'm just not motivated to try it and I'll just stick with what I have. I'm sure it beads well but so do hundreds of other products. And even if this had strong beading for 3 months solid, so do other products.

I hear you. These products are a dime a dozen.

The new Cerakote Rapid Paint Sealant looks like a fantastic value as is the Megs Hybrid Pain Coating. Everything else is meh....

Can Coat is arguably Gyeon's best product. They nailed it with that one. But the Megs Hybrid can stand with it easily.

Bosko
10-26-2022, 11:37 AM
But the Megs Hybrid can stand with it easily.

I have looked high and low for the ingredients in Can Coat...my guess it's something along the lines of Polysiloxane

evo77
10-26-2022, 01:32 PM
Polysiloxane...hits 2 of the 3 requests....price is another thing.....but at $40 I find it unbeatable IMO

It is the main ingredient in Meg's"HyBrid" paint coating.....

I know all about Megs HPC because its been on my truck for 4 months now. Still beading absolutely wonderfully! No toppers and washed every 10 days. And its parked outside 24-7.

I've also used it on two other vehicles but unfortunately I never really documented how long it lasted as I ended up using other products layered on top so it obscured the actual results.

evo77
10-26-2022, 01:42 PM
I hear you. These products are a dime a dozen.

The new Cerakote Rapid Paint Sealant looks like a fantastic value as is the Megs Hybrid Pain Coating. Everything else is meh....

Can Coat is arguably Gyeon's best product. They nailed it with that one. But the Megs Hybrid can stand with it easily.

I applied Can Coat Evo (CCE) to my neighbors car on 8/27 and he never washed it. When I washed it the other day there was some quick sheeting occurring on lower half of doors. Doing a decon didn't help it recover fully either.

Put CCE on the wifes Durango this weekend but I was too lazy to do any sort of prep work. Just washed, dried and CCE applied. This will be a great test to see how durable it will be with no prep. I'm not expecting miracles though and that's fine.

CleanIT
10-26-2022, 01:43 PM
I applied Can Coat Evo (CCE) to my neighbors car on 8/27 and he never washed it for 2 months. When I washed it the other day there was some quick sheeting occurring on lower half of doors. Doing a decon didn't help it recover fully either.

Put CCE on the wifes Durango this weekend but I was too lazy to do any sort of prep work. Just washed, dried and CCE applied. This will be a great test to see how durable it will be with no prep. I'm not expecting miracles though and that's fine.

Nice. I'll be curious to see how it holds up on the Durango. Keep us posted. :xyxthumbs:

Bosko
10-26-2022, 01:47 PM
I think where Meg's went wrong was with the marketing and packaging...it's way to confusing to the "Average" Joe that wants to wax their car.

Standing in the automotive car cleaning isle staring at 65 products, it literally is the last "Box" I would pick not being educated in paint protection.

"2 products in one box....URGH!...do what first.....Meh...how long to wait until I rub off?.......PASS!!!"

This turtle wax spray bottle looks cool......I'll pick this....:D

It's just one of those products that is lost in the abyss "Pro consumer"...Entry level Pro"

CleanIT
10-26-2022, 02:12 PM
I completely agree Bosko. It also lacks Sio2, which in reality means nothing, but in today's world probably doesn't help with it.

dlc95
10-26-2022, 04:35 PM
I think where Meg's went wrong was with the marketing and packaging...it's way to confusing to the "Average" Joe that wants to wax their car.

Standing in the automotive car cleaning isle staring at 65 products, it literally is the last "Box" I would pick not being educated in paint protection.

"2 products in one box....URGH!...do what first.....Meh...how long to wait until I rub off?.......PASS!!!"

This turtle wax spray bottle looks cool......I'll pick this....:D

It's just one of those products that is lost in the abyss "Pro consumer"...Entry level Pro"

I was the weirdo looking for something that would really show me the paint was protected.

That led me to Zymol Auto Polish when they sold it in the plastic jewel cases. Beaded like mad for about a week - then it was done.

Bosko
10-26-2022, 04:46 PM
LOL...Zymol...was for Kings and Royals....way above my pay grade at the time....:D