They are going after a "Mini" Blazer look
Draw backs....no AWD and a small motor

https://i.imgur.com/ZvVnB2g.png

dgage
10-17-2022, 06:48 AM
Am I crazy to like the look of the new design?...even like the color cactus

I think it looks good other than the common issue of CUVs using plastic around the wheel wells. That annoys me and looks cheap. But nice body lines and body proportions.

Bosko
10-17-2022, 07:05 AM
I think it looks good other than the common issue of CUVs using plastic around the wheel wells. That annoys me and looks cheap. But nice body lines and body proportions.

The black plastic that cuts into the bottom door line looks a bit cheap

MisterSnoop
10-17-2022, 07:06 AM

I don't get the lack of AWD. Toyota did the same with the CH-R.

Bosko
10-17-2022, 07:07 AM
I don't get the lack of AWD. Toyota did the same with the CH-R.

Bad move on their part

Desertnate
10-17-2022, 07:48 AM
How is the Trax any different than the Trail Blazer? They seem to be about the same size. I don't see the point of this vehicle in the Chevy line-up to be honest.

For me, small SUV's like this are a head scratcher. They often offer less cargo room then a car of the same size, they get less gas mileage, and they don't drive as well. In this case and the CH-R, they don't even offer AWD, so any any advantage of an SUV is lost. Unfortunately since so many automakers have abandoned cars, we're left with less capable vehicles to choose from.

Agree with the others. Not offering AWD is a problem as is the tiny engine. A 1.2L engine only offering 137hp and 167 ft/lbs or torque in a vehicle that size will be dangerously slow in North America. I couldn't fine a curb weight anywhere, but it's bound to be well over 3000lbs. My daughter's Honda Fit only has 117hp and weighs 2500 lbs. It struggles to keep up with highway traffic. This vehicle is larger and heavier, yet has only marginally more power. That's not good.

To end on a positive note, the outside does look pretty good.

Bosko
10-17-2022, 07:55 AM
The trail blazer is actually smaller....although it offers much better power plants and AWD

Chevy is playing stupid games with this one......I do like the looks though.......lol

PaulMys
10-17-2022, 05:38 PM
Not a fan of GM vehicles in general.

MOPAR has the Jeep Wrangler

Ford now has the new Bronco

And GM keeps the Blazer an ugly, underpowered run of the mill SUV.

Embarrassing.

dgage
10-17-2022, 06:27 PM
Not a fan of GM vehicles in general.

MOPAR has the Jeep Wrangler

Ford now has the new Bronco

And GM keeps the Blazer an ugly, underpowered run of the mill SUV.

Embarrassing.

I agree. The other thing that annoys me about GM is their reluctance to improve the internal materials quality. I read an article 5+ years ago where the individual vehicle teams wanted an additional $500 to improve their interior quality. They were denied yet the cars weren’t selling and needed multi-thousand dollar rebates to actually sell. That’s just stupid business.

David

DanaDetailingPros
10-17-2022, 11:17 PM
Am I crazy to like the look of the new design?...even like the color cactus

https://i.imgur.com/ZvVnB2g.png
I'll take one of theses!

Desertnate
10-18-2022, 08:33 AM
The trail blazer is actually smaller....although it offers much better power plants and AWD

Chevy is playing stupid games with this one......I do like the looks though.......lol

Wow...I just looked up the specs to see the difference is size. The wheelbase in the Trax is 3" longer and the overall length is only 6" longer. Width is identical. Passenger space is so close they might as well be identical. Didn't dig far enough to see about cargo room, but I doubt there is much difference. I really don't see the purpose of this vehicle, They are selling vehicles which compete against each other in their own line up. Chevy already had the mid/small SUV space pretty full with the Equinox, Blazer, and Trailblazer.

dgage
10-18-2022, 08:48 AM
Wow...I just looked up the specs to see the difference is size. The wheelbase in the Trax is 3" longer and the overall length is only 6" longer. Width is identical. Passenger space is so close they might as well be identical. Didn't dig far enough to see about cargo room, but I doubt there is much difference. I really don't see the purpose of this vehicle, They are selling vehicles which compete against each other in their own line up. Chevy already had the mid/small SUV space pretty full with the Equinox, Blazer, and Trailblazer.

Maybe a replacement but the old one didn't sell well enough so they offer them both at the same time? If so, dumb planning but probably smarter than having two almost identical vehicles.

Bosko
10-18-2022, 09:00 AM
my one neighbor lady has a 2018...the wife calls it a loaf of bread......:D

whatever the 2024 is....it's leaps and bounds ahead in the looks department over the current model

Rsurfer
10-18-2022, 12:23 PM
What happened to the 2023?

Bosko
10-18-2022, 12:42 PM
What happened to the 2023?

https://i.imgur.com/dPGb72W.png