PDA

View Full Version : FORGOT TO WIPE OFF SEALANT FROM REAR PASSENGER DOOR

luckypaco
10-10-2022, 07:02 PM
Yesterday I applied 303 Graphene Spray coating using an applicator pad and somehow forgot to wipe it off the rear passenger door and it's stuck on there pretty good It's now been there for 36hrs. Will this harm the paint/clear coat? As far as taking it off will washing the door minimize marring vs using a damp microfiber towel?

Sizzle Chest
10-10-2022, 07:08 PM
It won't harm the paint at all. You could always first try to apply more of the same product to see if it 'reactivates' it and then remove it.

If all else fails a light polish will remove it no problem.

Hope this helps!

2black1s
10-10-2022, 07:53 PM
It won't harm the paint at all. You could always first try to apply more of the same product to see if it 'reactivates' it and then remove it.

If all else fails a light polish will remove it no problem.

Hope this helps!

Ditto

PaulMys
10-10-2022, 07:56 PM
X-3

Scotty nailed it.

luckypaco
10-10-2022, 08:11 PM
Scott,

thanks for your response, but is it safe to just wash it off instead of polishing?

Coatingsarecrack
10-11-2022, 02:25 AM
Scott,

thanks for your response, but is it safe to just wash it off instead of polishing?

It won’t wash off. Options are as stated try more product to reactive or polish.

You could leave it and it would eventually ware off after many washings….. months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
10-11-2022, 10:56 AM
Another option might be to mist it with a QD spray and buff it out. I think I'd start with the suggestion already given of using the same product again to soften everything up and buff it out.

DanaDetailingPros
10-11-2022, 11:18 AM
At least we know it sticks:)

Lance Mark
10-18-2022, 12:39 PM
i recently coated a fuel tank on a 2019 HD trike...two coats of Angel Polish Cosmic v2 Glass Coat and two coats of AP's High Gloss

i marred the surface during reassembly and had to polish it out....remove the coating was a bit of a bummer, but it was easy....I used Wolfgang's Finishing Glaze....a very light cutter, but enough to remove the coating, i could see the edge of the coating as I was polishing it off and the difference between the surface of the coated vs. uncoated paint was very discernable....as you use this polish on the surface, it starts to turn more clear, it didn't need more correcting, but i gave it time to turn clear as if it were the first time i was doing this step

i'd be curious if you try anything else and it works though, let us know :) good luck