PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Poli-Seal

94LT1
04-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I was just reading some things about Poli-Seal.My question is, would it be a good idea to top it with Optimum carwax or can the Poli-Seal itself protect for a few months?

Chris Thomas
04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I've seen it go 3 by itself, but it's so easy to wipe the haze off with OCW, why wouldn't ya?

94LT1
04-23-2008, 07:09 AM
I've seen it go 3 by itself, but it's so easy to wipe the haze off with OCW, why wouldn't ya?
So ur saying do both then?

Darren F
04-23-2008, 08:12 AM
You might want to try Opti Seal

Chris Thomas
04-23-2008, 05:10 PM
So ur saying do both then?

It's just personal preference. I like the look OCW adds (alone, or as a topper), so since you've got to wipe off the PS after it sits for a while, why not spray the wax on b4 you wipe. This isn't just something I made up, it's the way Optimum was made to work. The polishes are the same. You can use OC, and without wiping-just change to a polishing pad and OP, and without wiping-change to a finishing pad and PS. It's a real time saver. Long story short: If you've got them both-use them both!

94LT1
04-23-2008, 09:09 PM
It's just personal preference. I like the look OCW adds (alone, or as a topper), so since you've got to wipe off the PS after it sits for a while, why not spray the wax on b4 you wipe. This isn't just something I made up, it's the way Optimum was made to work. The polishes are the same. You can use OC, and without wiping-just change to a polishing pad and OP, and without wiping-change to a finishing pad and PS. It's a real time saver. Long story short: If you've got them both-use them both!
well i actually have neither.So ur saying apply the poli-seal let haze then just lay down the OCW let that haze then wipe everything off.

Chris Thomas
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I assumed you knew that OCW is a spray wax that is just worked in until it disappears. It's not like a liquid wax that you apply and wait for the solvents to flash.

PoliSeal doesn't need to flash either. It will just look like you have some film on the paint if you see it at all. The reason you wait awhile before you take PS off is to allow the sealant to cure a little and the polymers to begin to cross link.

When you are ready to buff out the PS you will spray one spray of OCW over one body panel then spread it around the perimeter and over the bulk for coverage and just work it in till its gone. At this point you are finished with that panel completely, move on to the next.