PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Oxidization Removal

sweatthedetails
10-05-2022, 05:30 PM
No talking or music, just relaxing detail action. I remove a years worth of neglect from my Mazda.

No Music, No Talking, Pure Detailing - YouTube (https://youtu.be/8lWIRjboTB8)

luckydawg
10-05-2022, 07:12 PM
Good results! I like your garage set up. My only critique would be your lack of consistency on your polishing technique / motion. Seems quite erratic with no dedicated pattern to follow

But it sure looks good!!

Dr Oldz
10-05-2022, 10:36 PM
I only had time to watch a bit. I’ll finish later. Looks like you have definitely invested in this passion!

If I may kindly make a suggestion: stop fighting with the 90 foot wand on your pressure washer. Get a shorty gun with a swivel and a 20 inch extension wand. Over at Obsessed garage, they have really nice kits that are tailored to your specific pressure washer. It will be such an “OH WOW” moment if you get a nice set up. The wand will be a quick connect so you can use it both shorty style and also as a wand for roofs and such.

Rsurfer
10-06-2022, 03:39 PM
Good results! I like your garage set up. My only critique would be your lack of consistency on your polishing technique / motion. Seems quite erratic with no dedicated pattern to follow

But it sure looks good!!

:iagree:Good job, but you need to slow down your arm speed.

2black1s
10-06-2022, 07:25 PM
:iagree:Good job, but you need to slow down your arm speed.

Why?

If it's a "good job", as you say, then why would the OP need to slow his arm speed or make any other process changes?

Rsurfer
10-06-2022, 11:35 PM
Why?

If it's a "good job", as you say, then why would the OP need to slow his arm speed or make any other process changes?

It was a good job, but he could save some passes by slowing down his arm speed. To get the best correction, arm speed should be one/two inch per second. He's moving quite a bit faster than that.

Like Luckdawg pointed out, arm speed was quite erratic.

Was just trying to help the guy out.

opie
10-07-2022, 04:21 AM
To get the best correction, arm speed should be one/two inch per second. He's moving quite a bit faster than that.

Holy hell if 1-2 inch per second is the case, then im flying. I would go that slow if i was using a free spinning tool. We dont know how much down pressure he is applying, as that plays into the equation as well. Yeah there could be a little more of a disaplined sequence to the section passes, but if the end result is the same weither its erratic or disaplined then guess it dont really matter

His car cleaned up well and looked good.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

sweatthedetails
10-08-2022, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the input and for watching. My PW is a cheap Karcher. I have seen the setups at obsessed garage and they are super nice. I’ve been detailing for a couple decades and except for my students I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone detail a car exactly the same. As long as you’re getting the results you’re looking for there isn’t really a wrong way. I love learning the different ways people will tackle the same job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

opie
10-08-2022, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the input and for watching. My PW is a cheap Karcher. I have seen the setups at obsessed garage and they are super nice. I’ve been detailing for a couple decades and except for my students I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone detail a car exactly the same. As long as you’re getting the results you’re looking for there isn’t really a wrong way. I love learning the different ways people will tackle the same job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProYou teach detailing? Noticed your front licence plate you in the coast gaurd?

2black1s
10-08-2022, 10:51 AM
... I’ve been detailing for a couple decades and except for my students I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone detail a car exactly the same. As long as you’re getting the results you’re looking for there isn’t really a wrong way...

And that is exactly the point I was making when I said this...

Why?

sweatthedetails
10-08-2022, 11:13 AM
You teach detailing? Noticed your front licence plate you in the coast gaurd?

I am in the CG. I have had several people work with me through the years. A few of them have started detailing themselves. It works out for both of us because I move every couple years so I have someone to refer my customers to. One guy actually took my old domain name. I have detailed in 4 different states.

luckydawg
10-08-2022, 12:39 PM
My PW is a cheap Karcher.
I had no idea there was such a thing- I just thought they were all expensive.

sweatthedetails
10-08-2022, 12:45 PM
It’s a plastic $80 unit. They usually last a year or 2. I should probably invest in something better but they do the job.