PDA

View Full Version : Newly Applied PA Cosmic V2 Topped with PA High Gloss - question on reapplication of High Gloss

Lance Mark
09-15-2022, 09:44 AM
My bike got two coats of Cosmic V2 and I topped it with two coats of High Gloss a few weeks ago. I love to ride, and it's going to get dirty.

I've cleaned it a couple of times using ECH20. It does a great job of lifting the dirt without me having to 'scrub' or muscle it off.

I put a lot of work into coating the bike and I'm really trying to take care of it properly. So far, the only thing I've done is a rinseless wash with ECH2O. After a wash, it's usually a bit streaky so after I am done and it's dried up, I dilute ECH2O to about 20:1 and do a quick sprits over every surface, but the second time I buff it dry to a shine.

I am having a hard time seeing much of a difference between how it looked when I topped and buffed with the PA's High Gloss vs. how it looks after washing and detailing with ECH2O. I'm really happy with how it looks with ECH2O is what I'm saying, didn't seem to dull the reflective quality of High Gloss.

My plan is to maintain with ECH20 as I've been doing, but once a month or so, I want to reapply High Gloss. Once I buff ECH20 to a shine, could I put High Gloss over that? Would I be better off washing with something like Reset when I do the High Gloss reapplication?

Thank you in advance for any advice or product recommendations.

Not easy to get pics of my paint, it's got some metallic flecks which can look a bit like dust, but here it is after topping with High Gloss.

CleanIT
09-15-2022, 10:25 AM
Ech20 produces pretty remarkable gloss IMO. You could put the High Gloss over it but I'm not sure what that will get you. Only thing I don't like about Ech20 is I end up finding a streak somewhere. Takes a bit more effort but I suppose it is worth it due to the gloss it produces.

Lance Mark
09-15-2022, 12:36 PM
Ech20 produces pretty remarkable gloss IMO. You could put the High Gloss over it but I'm not sure what that will get you. Only thing I don't like about Ech20 is I end up finding a streak somewhere. Takes a bit more effort but I suppose it is worth it due to the gloss it produces.

I'll be honest, I may have a different impression if I were using it on a car....the surface area on parts of a bike are all pretty small, so the work that you describe, which is legit, is way less on a motorcycle

you touched on my question, does ECH2O leave a film that won't work well if I tried to top it with High Gloss....conversely, if I used a wash like Reset, would I be possibly affecting the new coating?

CleanIT
09-15-2022, 12:40 PM
I'll be honest, I may have a different impression if I were using it on a car....the surface area on parts of a bike are all pretty small, so the work that you describe, which is legit, is way less on a motorcycle

you touched on my question, does ECH2O leave a film that won't work well if I tried to top it with High Gloss....conversely, if I used a wash like Reset, would I be possibly affecting the new coating?

Ech20 is a quick detailer/waterless wash first that does leave a bit of protection behind. It contains a small amount of carnauba, Sio2. I would mostly likely use one or the other if I were you. If you were using N914 Rinseless, which doesn't leave anything behind, then i would follow up with High Gloss.

Lance Mark
09-15-2022, 01:29 PM
Ech20 is a quick detailer/waterless wash first that does leave a bit of protection behind. It contains a small amount of carnauba, Sio2. I would mostly likely use one or the other if I were you. If you were using N914 Rinseless, which doesn't leave anything behind, then i would follow up with High Gloss.

thank you for the tip, read up on that n914 and it looks like what I was looking for when I go to reapply the High Gloss :)

I'll stick to my routine then, regular wash with ECH2O and once a month or so, wash with n914 and reapply the topper

briarpatch
09-15-2022, 04:40 PM
My bike got two coats of Cosmic V2 and I topped it with two coats of High Gloss a few weeks ago. I love to ride, and it's going to get dirty.

I've cleaned it a couple of times using ECH20. It does a great job of lifting the dirt without me having to 'scrub' or muscle it off.

I put a lot of work into coating the bike and I'm really trying to take care of it properly. So far, the only thing I've done is a rinseless wash with ECH2O. After a wash, it's usually a bit streaky so after I am done and it's dried up, I dilute ECH2O to about 20:1 and do a quick sprits over every surface, but the second time I buff it dry to a shine.

I am having a hard time seeing much of a difference between how it looked when I topped and buffed with the PA's High Gloss vs. how it looks after washing and detailing with ECH2O. I'm really happy with how it looks with ECH2O is what I'm saying, didn't seem to dull the reflective quality of High Gloss.

My plan is to maintain with ECH20 as I've been doing, but once a month or so, I want to reapply High Gloss. Once I buff ECH20 to a shine, could I put High Gloss over that? Would I be better off washing with something like Reset when I do the High Gloss reapplication?

Thank you in advance for any advice or product recommendations.

Not easy to get pics of my paint, it's got some metallic flecks which can look a bit like dust, but here it is after topping with High Gloss.

In your opinion, are the Polish Angel products worth the money? I'm considering using it on my wife's Yukon, but the cost is prohibitive.

noorth
09-15-2022, 05:14 PM
Just use reset when your topping with high gloss or something like mckee's N914. That's what i would do. Ech20 is a great product.

noorth
09-15-2022, 05:15 PM
In your opinion, are the Polish Angel products worth the money? I'm considering using it on my wife's Yukon, but the cost is prohibitive.

I used Cosmic V2 and high gloss. It looked great but the prices were just silly. If i went the PA route again it would be master sealant and rapidwaxx for top ups.

Coatingsarecrack
09-16-2022, 02:22 AM
thank you for the tip, read up on that n914 and it looks like what I was looking for when I go to reapply the High Gloss :)

I'll stick to my routine then, regular wash with ECH2O and once a month or so, wash with n914 and reapply the topper

I would look into Feynlab Pure Rinseless. Made to strip coatings bare and a better cleaner. Would use this before High Gloss.

Also if your not daily driving your bike then HG once a month is overkill but excess is best.

And if your rinsless’ing then following up with Ech20 as a QD/waterless I would use 914 followed by the Ech20.

914 cleans better and if your following Ech20 20:1 then you’ll get enough gloss.

Also if liking PA products look to Prest Detailer as your drying aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lance Mark
09-16-2022, 01:33 PM
I would look into Feynlab Pure Rinseless. Made to strip coatings bare and a better cleaner. Would use this before High Gloss.

Also if your not daily driving your bike then HG once a month is overkill but excess is best.

And if your rinsless’ing then following up with Ech20 as a QD/waterless I would use 914 followed by the Ech20.

914 cleans better and if your following Ech20 20:1 then you’ll get enough gloss.

Also if liking PA products look to Prest Detailer as your drying aid.

I have some n914 coming already, but I love to experiment and appreciate another option to try as well

it gets ridden more than most daily drivers, average about 2000 miles a month....it gets a bath once a week, figure I'd reapply High Gloss every 4th wash or once a month

Coatingsarecrack
09-16-2022, 06:37 PM
I have some n914 coming already, but I love to experiment and appreciate another option to try as well

it gets ridden more than most daily drivers, average about 2000 miles a month....it gets a bath once a week, figure I'd reapply High Gloss every 4th wash or once a month

Yeah I love topping my toppers that are on top of other toppers[emoji23][emoji1787]

Sound plan keep at it.

BudgetPlan1
09-16-2022, 07:44 PM

I guess it really all depends on what you value. I like the PA stuff I use because it works for me and my situation, it’s so easy to use that not even I can goon it up and because using it is fun; the smell of it, the look of it (possibly all in my head but hey, as long as I believe it that’s all that matters [emoji1])…I just enjoy using it more than other stuff.

Certainly not the cheapest game in town but 500ml of Cosmic lasts me all year on 3 cars, 500ml of SuperSport will last 2 seasons, 500ml of Diver made it 2+ years as well. In the end that’s still less expensive for me than chasing all the latest & greatest products that come around…been there, done that. In the end I guess the value for me boils down to the simple fact that I like it (for whatever reasons, real or imagined) :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lance Mark
09-19-2022, 10:04 AM
I guess it really all depends on what you value. I like the PA stuff I use because it works for me and my situation, it’s so easy to use that not even I can goon it up and because using it is fun; the smell of it, the look of it (possibly all in my head but hey, as long as I believe it that’s all that matters [emoji1])…I just enjoy using it more than other stuff.

Certainly not the cheapest game in town but 500ml of Cosmic lasts me all year on 3 cars, 500ml of SuperSport will last 2 seasons, 500ml of Diver made it 2+ years as well. In the end that’s still less expensive for me than chasing all the latest & greatest products that come around…been there, done that. In the end I guess the value for me boils down to the simple fact that I like it (for whatever reasons, real or imagined) :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're not lyin' when it comes to the smell.....I look forward to using it because it is so easy to apply and it smells amazing...and the cool thing about applying it to a motorcycle, particularly one with an inner fairing that gets sealed is that smell lingers while I'm riding for a few days afterward