PDA

View Full Version : Sonax polymer. net shield

PA DETAILER
09-04-2022, 10:04 AM
Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield (autogeek.net) (https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-polymer-net-shield.html)

Still a big thing? I remember it had a BIG following when released. Also heard kind of finicky to apply.

UncleDavy
09-04-2022, 10:16 AM
It is easy to apply. I have used it a few times and it lasts for a few months. It doesn't seem to be as popular as it was. It's kind of like Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish.

TTQ B4U
09-04-2022, 10:53 AM
Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield (autogeek.net) (https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-polymer-net-shield.html)

Still a big thing? I remember it had a BIG following when released. Also heard kind of finicky to apply.

Not sure. I've used it but since I moved entirely to coatings years ago, I've not used it or any real sealants since. Maybe a few here and there. It's good stuff. Little more difficult to remove than some but not a big deal.

Honestly, the biggest killer of all these products IMO is GYEON CanCoat. As easy if not easier to use, super fast, ultra hydrophobic and lasts far far longer. I tout it as a season long but it's a 12 month product here in Ohio. I had a Golf R wear it as a daily for nearly 18 months and it was still doing it's job. Granted, this one was in the hands of a car-guy but still. CanCoat is the go-to for products like this if you're looking. I pair it with GYEON Primer as it lays down a base-layer of corresponding ceramic and it does make removal and buff off noticeably easier.

glen e
09-04-2022, 01:17 PM
I never had any luck with netshield… No matter how I applied it ;with a microfiber, or with a brick in various strengths and cure times, , it was always grabby to get off, I gave it up for some of the other silicone sealants out there…I really wanted it to work, I really like sonax products… It’s still on my shelf. I’m a Cancoat convert now…..

CleanIT
09-04-2022, 04:20 PM
I think I'd opt for Megs Hybrid Paint Coating/Can Coat over PNS from what I've seen.

392hemi
09-05-2022, 05:08 PM

See my sig. I have a couple of coatings I've never applied due to the work time and effort involved. I personally love Sonax PNS and use BSD as a drying aid/topper. Easier to use than a coating personally. I apply using a MF applicator pad that is slightly damp. A little goes a long way and I spray the applicator. Amazing on trim too. Brilliant shine detailer seems to have good filling and darkening ability and has no silicone.

I have a can of can coat I'll probably apply to try now.

Just to add, Sonax PNS and BSD looked amazing on Dodge's Torred.

jdgamble
09-06-2022, 07:26 PM
I love PNS. It's pretty much all I use. I have gotten an easy 6 months on panels I don't mess with much, but I also add some here and there where required. It's one of the more hydrophobic products I have used as well.

dlc95
09-06-2022, 09:01 PM
See my sig. I have a couple of coatings I've never applied due to the work time and effort involved. I personally love Sonax PNS and use BSD as a drying aid/topper. Easier to use than a coating personally. I apply using a MF applicator pad that is slightly damp. A little goes a long way and I spray the applicator. Amazing on trim too. Brilliant shine detailer seems to have good filling and darkening ability and has no silicone.

I have a can of can coat I'll probably apply to try now.

Just to add, Sonax PNS and BSD looked amazing on Dodge's Torred.

If I remember correctly, Mike Phillips said it was the closest sealant to a coating

While I do offer a coating, I will always love my Duragloss 111, or 601 + 111 combo. So easy to use, and incredibly durable. I sort of miss the days where that was my highest option for protection.

392hemi
09-07-2022, 10:58 AM
If I remember correctly, Mike Phillips said it was the closest sealant to a coating

While I do offer a coating, I will always love my Duragloss 111, or 601 + 111 combo. So easy to use, and incredibly durable. I sort of miss the days where that was my highest option for protection.

Absolutely could see that. It looks amazing on Red and I get easy 1 year of harsh snow/salt weather use. I end up topping with BSD when I have time during my wash. Even BSD easily lasts 3 to 6 months for me. They both darken and protect trim nicely.

I honestly love collonite too. I end up having to polish up or clay spots to remove contamination/scratches from people brushing past car, keys and etc pretty often. I would hate to have an 8 year coating and deal with all that. Though I'm tempted to try one this year.

Bobby B.
09-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Yes, still a very popular product.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield 75 ml. (https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-polymer-net-shield-75ml.html)

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield (https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-polymer-net-shield.html)

CleanIT
09-07-2022, 02:05 PM
PNS has top notch water behavior.