PDA

View Full Version : Can Coat EVO v Sonax CC36 v Meguiars HPC

Pages : [1] 2

DFB
08-31-2022, 04:44 AM
Not my video, but I found it to be informative considering how much love Can Coat gets here -

(22) Best Spray Car Coating | Meguairs Hybrid Paint Coating vs Gyeon Can Coat Evo vs Sonax Profiline CC36 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJ3vMejkAA)

DownSouth
08-31-2022, 06:02 AM
Sandro produces great content. He has one of the best detailing channels on YT.

DFB
08-31-2022, 06:36 AM
Sandro produces great content. He has one of the best detailing channels on YT.

Agreed!

I like how he doesn't have an ego problem and is all about the product, the car and the process. I enjoy his content because he is not blatantly trying to sell something, either a line of products or himself. The videos speak for themselves, and while he does do the usual "like and subscribe", he doesn't then go and splatter his videos across other social platforms, like a couple of notables have done here. Likewise, he isn't setting up tacky product placements like a certain "geeky" youtuber.

Anyway, I find his videos very informative and have certainly learned a lot from him over the years.

John U
08-31-2022, 09:15 AM
I'd like to se a follow up 6 months/1yr from now on how they aged.

evo77
08-31-2022, 10:10 AM
I watched the video and I do like his format and commentary. The problem I have is his skewed conclusions based on the products chemical resistance.

I don't know about you all but I've had just about enough of these chemical resistance product evaluations. This has run its course. Its' been like 4 years or something. Apex, Jimbo, Pan, Sandro and whichever popular YT channel you can think of that still does this. This doesn't represent real world, everyday exposure to sun, heat, cold, snow, rain, fallout, road film, sandblasting while driving, etc. Not to mention all the varying environments based on your location/region.

There are some good takeaways from these types of testing, no doubt. But it should be in NO WAY a final indicator of ranking a products performance (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). Its a misrepresentation.

I get it, real world testing takes too long. And a ph soap wash test would take hundreds of rounds. No channel wants to dedicate that much time/effort. So they'd rather accelerate the durability tests by attacking the paint in a way that would surely break it down much faster, and then declare a winner based on a faulty test. That isn't real science.

CleanIT
08-31-2022, 01:24 PM
3 evenly matched products. Which do you prefer?

Bosko
08-31-2022, 01:39 PM
Personally I'm tired of these tests......They prove jack chit...IMO

noorth
08-31-2022, 04:40 PM
What was the rundown on cancoat? Just curious, i can't stream right now...offshore on a ship.

Not that it matters. Cancoat it is for me this year. Quick polish with primer with a medium polishing pad (can't wait to try the orange LC SDO with CCS) and topped with cancoat the next day. Easy peasy.

DFB
09-01-2022, 02:33 AM
I watched the video and I do like his format and commentary. The problem I have is his skewed conclusions based on the products chemical resistance.

I don't know about you all but I've had just about enough of these chemical resistance product evaluations. This has run its course. Its' been like 4 years or something. Apex, Jimbo, Pan, Sandro and whichever popular YT channel you can think of that still does this. This doesn't represent real world, everyday exposure to sun, heat, cold, snow, rain, fallout, road film, sandblasting while driving, etc. Not to mention all the varying environments based on your location/region.

There are some good takeaways from these types of testing, no doubt. But it should be in NO WAY a final indicator of ranking a products performance (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). Its a misrepresentation.

I get it, real world testing takes too long. And a ph soap wash test would take hundreds of rounds. No channel wants to dedicate that much time/effort. So they'd rather accelerate the durability tests by attacking the paint in a way that would surely break it down much faster, and then declare a winner based on a faulty test. That isn't real science.

Personally I'm tired of these tests......They prove jack chit...IMO

I actually tune out when the chemical resistance test starts with his videos, nor do I bother watching similar tests by the people mentioned. Like you have both mentioned, they don't really represent real world scenarios and it's unlikely an LSP will ever be subjected to substances on the road like a strong APC. Also, it would be unlikely someone would spray their car down with a strong APC ratio for fear of compromising the coating, especially if self-installed.

My main takeaway from Sandro's videos is the application notes and product information he displays. I'm a visual learner, so seeing someone with vast experience using a wide range of products is very helpful.

Coatingsarecrack
09-01-2022, 04:49 AM

Problem is most influencer content viewers do like this testing and we are the major minority…

Problem with “ real world” testing is unless it is your neighbor driving your routes at your time it’s hard to accomplish. Real world testing is going to be a little or a lot different from say your and my environment.

I do agree it’s more to my liking but it’s why we get vastly different outcomes and opinions even here on AG.

Take TW Seal & Shine. I personally felt it was hot garbage and some here felt the same. Other’s felt it was a phenomenal product.

I do believe non of us are wrong… just different experiences in our own micro environment.

I appreciate the Guz more than most of the influencers and believe his video’s and statements are 100% truthful but I’ve had different experiences than him in some cases. Could be my user error but most likely that he is giving opinions on how products perform in Cali while my results very here in WA.

All in all those I feel Real world testing from trusted persons is a good place to start.

And yes I do enjoy Sandro’s videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evo77
09-01-2022, 09:42 AM
I will say this though, I've used both Meguiar's HPC and Cancoat Evo and the Megs hands down is far easier and more enjoyable to use. There is no urgency for quick removal or fear of hard wipeoff like Cancoat Evo. HPC is a HUGE sleeper in the detailing community. The level of slickness is off the charts. And its hydrophobics are on par with typical ceramic coatings.

Currently I am 2 months in with HPC on my truck. It's still very early but given that that the vehicle is parked in the driveway 24-7 exposed to sun, heat, rain and neighboring trees the water behavior when washing is still day one level. Its self cleaning capability is very good and doesn't really get dirty siting there in-between washes.

Cancoat Evo was applied to my neighbors Toyota Avalon this past weekend. That vehicle is garaged but does get driven everyday quite often. I'll be monitoring its progress closely.

THIS is real world testing. :xyxthumbs:

Eldorado2k
09-01-2022, 10:50 AM
So Meguiars HPC is the one in that blue bottle right? It’s comparable to Cancoat? So there’s legit longevity to that product? Interesting…

Edit: My bad, I was thinking about a different product.[emoji2359]

Loach
09-01-2022, 11:18 AM
The more winters I spend in Chicago, the more chemical resistance becomes a valuable attribute. Wasn't anywhere near as important to me in Florida. If the coatings can't handle something like a Bilt Hamber Touch-Less or Auto-Foam pre-wash, then I'll find something that will. I want as much as that salt-infested road grime off the paint as I can before I touch it with the wash mitts.

Likewise, clients in these areas are going to want to have something that can hold up to a fully touchless automated wash during use for the winters, and they're spraying some serious chemicals on the paint to presoak. There are regular instances where I need to pull out an APC, tar remover, water spot remover, etc. in order to address something that remains after a wash during winter months. Need to know it's not going to outright destroy the LSP with a quick spray and wipe, especially if it's as something as tedious to apply to the paint as a full coating or Polymer Net Shield.

John U
09-01-2022, 05:26 PM
Scott HD has a 1 yr 3 month update on Ceramic Coatings that might be of interest to some.

Ceramic Coating Longevity Test - 41 WAY - The ULTIMATE comparison test - UPDATE 17 -1 YEAR, 3 MONTHS - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5flxp8hBARw)

Coatingsarecrack
09-02-2022, 03:39 AM
The more winters I spend in Chicago, the more chemical resistance becomes a valuable attribute. Wasn't anywhere near as important to me in Florida. If the coatings can't handle something like a Bilt Hamber Touch-Less or Auto-Foam pre-wash, then I'll find something that will. I want as much as that salt-infested road grime off the paint as I can before I touch it with the wash mitts.

Likewise, clients in these areas are going to want to have something that can hold up to a fully touchless automated wash during use for the winters, and they're spraying some serious chemicals on the paint to presoak. There are regular instances where I need to pull out an APC, tar remover, water spot remover, etc. in order to address something that remains after a wash during winter months. Need to know it's not going to outright destroy the LSP with a quick spray and wipe, especially if it's as something as tedious to apply to the paint as a full coating or Polymer Net Shield.

Car pro CQUK3 and Nova Evo have PH resistance up to 13. It’s why I went with Evo this time to stand up to BH twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk