PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning, conditioning and protecting aniline

Coatingsarecrack
08-31-2022, 02:43 AM
So I tried looking in the forum and seems to be all older threads. Wondering what folk are using now.

Background:

I believe the aftermarket leather in the Camaro is a Katzkin kit and from their website it is aniline which is “impregnated with a durable protective finish”. I think that makes it Semi Aniline.

I am looking for a cleaner as P&S doesn’t recommend Xpress for aniline leathers.

I have some Conolly’s but it’s old so want something new.

I know leather master soft is recommended but would like to know if anyone has used the Leather Honey Cleaner and the PBL Hide Soft Cleaner.

Not interested in ColourLock as you can only get their tiny bottles of aniline cleaner.

Not looking for protection as I’ve checked, PBL Leather &Vinyl coating and Gyeon LeatherCoat can be used. May also order ColourLock protection.

Also wondering if I should condition it before protection as it doesn’t seem to have a clearcoat type coating like modern leather has.

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crg001
08-31-2022, 09:41 AM
Gyeon has their own leather cleaners that leave nothing behind, a strong and mild version that they say is good for all leather types. If you plan to use their coating it would be a good natural pairing.

Alternatively I've been using McKee's 70/30 leather cleaner and conditioner. It has some slight foaming capability when brushed and cleans pretty well, and it leaves behind a very soft feel and scent of leather without smelling too artificial. They state that it can be used on all types of leather including Ford King Ranch leather which is uncoated aniline. It does have a small amount of conditioner so if you are looking to use a coating it may not be the best choice.

The Guz
08-31-2022, 10:00 AM
Colourlock sells larger bottles as well.

briarpatch
08-31-2022, 01:25 PM
I use Chamberlains for all my leather care now. Switched to it a few years ago...never looked back

Coatingsarecrack
09-01-2022, 12:36 AM
Colourlock sells larger bottles as well.

I see them but for the aniline cleaner I can only find from the UK in the 1 liter bottle. I know various sites carry CL, do you know who is official IS distributor?

I’d like to email them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk