PDA

View Full Version : Softex - black- Toyota seats

kevykev
08-25-2022, 12:39 PM
Hi,
I do Uber and have been cleaning my car for years. Leather was pretty easy. Now I have black softex seats in a newer 2017 Prius. My last car was always immaculate... but these seats are proving to be a little bit of a challenge. Due to the nastiness of humans... the wear shorts... sweat... maybe suntan lotion or gross lotions... perfume... cigarette smokers... Those who sat in who knows what... drunk people that have nasty sweat... It seems harder to clean. The seats are a little blotchy... and I was hoping to find the best nightly cleaner.

I would like to know the best cleaners to:
1) spot clean: when a smoker ride... you would not believe how much smell gets transferred from their clothes to the seats. (Other smells too.) I need to clean them before the next rider gets in.
2) Daily cleaner for the end of a shift or start of a new one

3) Protector.

I am finding that many cleaners leave a residue and they seem blotchy. Furthermore, I cannot handle most air fresheners or scented cleaners. I am one of those people with sensitivies and scented products make me sick. For instance, Gain or Febreze sets me off terribly. I also smell everything. It is a living hell.

Maybe I am doing it wrong...

4) I also would like to know if there are any cleaners for softex that would work well if someone gets sick on the seats if it happens.

4a) There is one thing that I have run into that only a professional could fix with my last car. I was going to pull the seat out and set it on fire as nothing worked. Tried 5 types of cleaners including a clorox cleaner. It got into the leather and I died a little inside. Someone had super concentrated anal leakage. It is enough to make you gag for an hour. They are sick and constipated ALL the time and as pressure builds up the only thing that gets by is a super concentrated liquid as strong as deer sign. Anything they sit on gets ruined. The cleaner the pro used was enzymatic and he claims there is no way to buy it over the counter. May you never ever experience this. (Softex cleans easier than leather on this one,)

Dr Oldz
08-26-2022, 08:52 PM
Get a leather car seat for passengers then sit on.

Woolite mixed with water cleans those seats well.