PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning New Black Leather Seats, Dash, Armrests

music_man185
08-21-2022, 10:23 AM
I just purchased a 2020 Lexus RX350. The entire interior is black. I'm guessing it's a mixture of leather, vinyl, and plastic. The seats are ventilated and perforated. The owners manual suggests using a diluted mixture of wool detergent for the seats. I'm guessing this would be a "Woolite" type of product? Would this be OK to use across the entire interior? Or is there a better all in one product I can safely use? I was looking at something like the Chemical Guys Total Interior Cleaner as something I could use on the go, or for quick cleanups between more detailed cleanings. Would this be safe for use on all the interior surfaces, including the leather? I wouldn't use it for the seats, but just some of the leather dash/armrest areas.

I'm a total newb, but from the many hours of research I've done, it seems like my leather is still new enough to not need conditioning. I would be fine just cleaning for a couple more years. Is this true?

PA DETAILER
08-21-2022, 10:34 AM
DP Interior All-In-One cleans, shines and protects your plastic, leather and vinyl surfaces, keeping your interior looking as though you barely use it (https://www.autogeek.net/dp-interior-all-in-one.html)

Would be a good choice for all your interior surfaces.