PDA

View Full Version : Detailing During Drought

UncleDavy
08-06-2022, 09:41 AM
We have been going through a serious drought here in the Northeast for most of the spring and all of the summer. Many towns here in Massachusetts have a ban on outdoor water use including watering lawns and washing cars with a hose. It has changed my detailing habits to the point where I only do waterless or rinseless washes. How do the rest of you handle drought situations, especially the guys who own professional shops?

luckydawg
08-06-2022, 10:42 AM
I dont abide with those type of bans

And neither do people in positions of authority, like politicians and rich people

AND ESPECIALLY the clowns who make those rules

So thats what I am doing-- same as always-- sorry if it wasn't much help

KBsToy
08-06-2022, 10:51 AM
As an enthusiast I have been doing more rinseless washes here in the burgh. We have been in a dry spell and cars haven't really been getting dirty just dusty and some junk from the roads.

opie
08-06-2022, 11:12 AM

And neither do people in positions of authority, like politicians and rich people

So thats what I am doing-- same as always-- sorry if it wasn't much helpDitto

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

joebruin77
08-06-2022, 02:32 PM
Here in Los Angeles, we are under mandatory water restrictions. I always do rinseless washes using either ONR or Mckees 37 N-914. I use a Home Depot 1 gallon garden sprayer to pretreat, use about 2 gallons in my wash bucket, and then dry using a drying aid (either TEC 582 or Xtreme Solutions Topper). I can wash the whole car with about 2.5 gallons of water.

Rsurfer
08-06-2022, 03:06 PM

So thats what I am doing-- same as always-- sorry if it wasn't much help

Ditto

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Here in Los Angeles, we are under mandatory water restrictions. I always do rinseless washes using either ONR or Mckees 37 N-914. I use a Home Depot 1 gallon garden sprayer to pretreat, use about 2 gallons in my wash bucket, and then dry using a drying aid (either TEC 582 or Xtreme Solutions Topper). I can wash the whole car with about 2.5 gallons of water.

Like you, I follow the rules.:xyxthumbs:

ddsski
08-06-2022, 05:00 PM
wHAT IS THAT LAKE ????MEADE THAT IS ALMOST EMPTY. So you folks don't have water and burn too....hmmmm, wonder how this ends?...Oh I know, flooding rains and mudslides...sorry folks had ta.....start draining those celeb pools..........