PDA

View Full Version : wax over wax

fech
04-21-2008, 07:05 PM
More of wishful thinking than anything. Has anyone tried this. I'm doing the Wolfgang dgps and moose wax this weekend and was thinking of doing another wax next weekend. There are always certain things I like better about some waxes than others and didn't know if I could combine.

ScottB
04-21-2008, 07:11 PM
why not try it and post results ???

makdaddy626
04-21-2008, 07:13 PM
It would be hard to predict the results...

Number one, if a wax contains any cleaners, you can't layer it on top of itself or anything else...

So, assuming no cleaners, I think you would rarely be able to predict the end result of combining waxes. For example, if you liked the deep, wet look of Souveran and the flake pop of SSII, combining probably wouldn't give you the best of both worlds, in fact you might get the worst of both. Light would now have to travel through 2 layers, the layer of Souveran might keep the flakes from popping, the layer of SSII might detract from the deep wetness of Souveran... then again, you might like the resulting look, who knows.

Just saying that I don't think you can create the perfect look by picking multiple waxes and hoping to see the best of each in finished product. Chances are, you'll actually end up with something less than any of the individual layers.

Mike T
04-21-2008, 07:18 PM

Number one, if a wax contains any cleaners, you can't layer it on top of itself or anything else...

So, assuming no cleaners, I think you would rarely be able to predict the end result of combining waxes. For example, if you liked the deep, wet look of Souveran and the flake pop of SSII, combining probably wouldn't give you the best of both worlds, in fact you might get the worst of both. Light would now have to travel through 2 layers, the layer of Souveran might keep the flakes from popping, the layer of SSII might detract from the deep wetness of Souveran... then again, you might like the resulting look, who knows.

Just saying that I don't think you can create the perfect look by picking multiple waxes and hoping to see the best of each in finished product. Chances are, you'll actually end up with something less than any of the individual layers.

:iagree:
One of the things that make this passion we have so much fun; is being able to experiment with different product combinations. It's all about trial & error.

Jimmie
04-21-2008, 07:22 PM
why not try it and post results ???

:whs: you might just hit a home-run.

fech
04-21-2008, 09:10 PM

Good advice. Still might give it a try and see what happens. Worst scenerio, I have to wax again.(darn :D)

fech
04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Just waxed my wife's car two weeks ago, so I figured I would try (test) it on her's first. Results were questionable. I used p21s on it two weeks ago, and used a different product on just the hood today. While the shine looked better as well as the pop, I couldn't tell if it was a combo of the two or the fact that it's been two weeks since the rest of the car was waxed. I also hadn't used this product before, so it could just plain look better on black than p21s. Long story short, jury is still out.