PDA

View Full Version : McKee's Hydro Graphene Ceramic Coating

vaca22
07-28-2022, 08:02 AM
I caught a recent Chicago Auto Pros video with Nick Rutter from McKee's, and towards the end of the video he used this ceramic spray coating which, at least to me, seemed to be rather impressive. On a car with no protection with flat standing water, this product was sprayed on and immediately rinsed off, and the protection it left behind seemed really nice.

Does anyone have any experience with this product? I feel as if it might be new-ish.

Apologies if a thread already exists, I had a hard time finding it if so.

evo77
07-28-2022, 09:51 AM
Spray and rinse silica products are nothing new. They've been around for a number of years now. They all essentially perform the same upon initial contact which is to provide instant beading to any flat water surface. Longevity on the other hand is debatable between all the brands.

This new Graphene infused version however seems to be on steroids. It definitely has the highest price tag of ALL the spray-n-rinse products on the market and that is because of what Mckees claims it can do which is to provide real durable long lasting protection. I'll admit when I saw that Chicago Pros video I got very intrigued from hearing Nicks commentary. But the cost is just too high for me to believe enough in it to give it a try to see if their claims hold any ounce of truth.

Bobby B.
07-28-2022, 10:00 AM
Not sold at Autogeek.

It's a spray on - rinse off coating infused with Graphene. Similar concept as Gyeon WetCoat, CarPro HydrO2, Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax, Sonax Spray & Seal, DP Hydro Wet Seal, and Blackfire HydroSeal.

Coatingsarecrack
07-29-2022, 04:33 AM
Watching the video it doesn’t look to be much better than there Hydro blue which is there ceramic similar product.

That use to be the favored spray and rinse back when Autogeek had Mckee’s (or vise versa)

Haven’t tried wet coat but most seem to like better.

For me it performs a lot like CP Hydro lite 2.

I would not pay the $50-60 premium for the graphene over the CarPro or Gyeon offerings.

Maybe different if it actually last 6 months though. Won’t get 6 months out of those other products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vaca22
07-29-2022, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I think the claim here is that it's supposed to be a 6+ month "for sure" sealant, but those claims have yet to be verified. Interesting. I might grab a bottle of this stuff and see how it works on my parents' vehicles.

vobro
07-29-2022, 09:38 PM
I doubt you’ll get 6 weeks out of it, I haven’t tried the McKees but just about all the rest I’ve tried. CarPro Hydro adds some decent gloss but since I do rinseless washes most of the time I’ve left that stuff behind. All those spray and rinse products work best over a good or better condition sealant, if one thinks they are going to get any longevity out of just spraying on neglected paint they’ll be disappointed