PDA

View Full Version : Maguire's Hyper Dressing turning tires brown

Pages : [1] 2

Luket
07-26-2022, 07:17 AM
Using Meguiars hyper dressing for shine on my tires. It is turning my wheels a brownish color. Which doesn't come off with light brushing and simple green.
Anyone experience this.

evo77
07-26-2022, 09:55 AM
Stop using Simple Green to clean tires. The caustic nature or chemical make up of that cleaner may be doing something funky to the rubber. It may be leaving a residue behind or you may not be fully cleaning the tires correctly.

Pick up a GOOD dedicated tire cleaner locally which would be Turtle Wax Hyper Foam Wheel Cleaner and Tire Prep (https://www.autogeek.net/hybrid-solutions-hyper-foam-wheel-cleaner.html?productid=hybrid-solutions-hyper-foam-wheel-cleaner&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE&utm_campaign=1504990722&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=287205172222&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwof6WBhD4ARIsAOi65agw6-UKu3h9N3L_BuckPEblgQK7Tzwrws6eSlQLUZzOEmjD4dfbS-EaAoY3EALw_wcB). You can find at Walmart, Advanced Auto, etc.

Clean tires until foam is white. Dry tires completely. Then apply Hyper Dressing and see what your results are.

Bobby B.
07-26-2022, 10:01 AM
How old are your tires?

I would recommend using a dedicated tire cleaner for cleaning your tires before applying a dressing.

Pinnacle Advanced Tire Cleaner (https://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-advanced-tire-cleaner.html)

TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner (https://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-cleaner.html)

GYEON Q2M TireCleaner - 500mL (https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-tire-cleaner.html)

Four Star Ultimate Tire Cleaner Gel (https://www.autogeek.net/four-star-ultimate-tire-cleaner-gel.html)

Low Profile Tire Brush (https://www.autogeek.net/low-profile-tire-brush.html)

opie
07-26-2022, 11:06 AM
Yes stop with simple green. Megs d143 or snag a gallon of 3D yellow or orange degreaser and cut it with water to whatever strength you need. It is a very good product and great price.

Also use a stiff wrestle brush and scrub tires not a soft one

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
07-26-2022, 02:10 PM
Using Meguiars hyper dressing for shine on my tires. It is turning my wheels a brownish color. Which doesn't come off with light brushing and simple green.
Anyone experience this.

The brown is called Blooming and isn't from Hyperdressing. I've been using it for years with no issues.

Black Magic Bleche-Wite Tire Cleaner is cheap and effective at removing the brown blooming that you're seeing. If bad, it may take 1-2 scrubbing sessions.

As others noted, stop using Simple Green. The blooming is from the tires releasing antiozonant which is part of the manufacturing process. It actually prevents dry-rot and tire-cracking caused by ozone, sunlight, etc. that tires are exposed to. Simple Green likely causing it to be pulled out in droves.

CleanIT
07-27-2022, 09:47 AM
I ordered some Carpro Multi X for tires. Reset wasn't removing enough of the brown.

evo77
07-27-2022, 10:58 AM
I ordered some Carpro Multi X for tires. Reset wasn't removing enough of the brown.

Have you tried TW Hyper Foam Tire cleaner yet? You really need to. It's that good. I washed my sons Cruze yesterday. Its been 30 days since I washed it last. Parks outside 24-7 and he drives it daily. 2 applications of the cleaner and the tire is coating ready.

I've tried many tire cleaners. And I just don't see the need to pay MORE money for cleaners that do relatively the same thing that TW can do cheaper and faster.

CleanIT
07-27-2022, 11:17 AM
Have you tried TW Hyper Foam Tire cleaner yet? You really need to. It's that good. I washed my sons Cruze yesterday. Its been 30 days since I washed it last. Parks outside 24-7 and he drives it daily. 2 applications of the cleaner and the tire is coating ready.

I've tried many tire cleaners. And I just don't see the need to pay MORE money for cleaners that do relatively the same thing that TW can do cheaper and faster.

I haven't but thanks for the suggestion I will try it.

dgage
07-27-2022, 02:10 PM

I would recommend a dedicated tire cleaner such as Tuf Shine, 303 Tire and Rubber or the TW Hybrid Foam Tire. Leaner Don and Evo77 seem to like. Not sure Multi-X will do as well.

dlc95
07-27-2022, 05:57 PM
We primarily use Hyper Dressing at work and don't see it browning the tires.

We clean them with Optimum Power Clean 3:1, or straight depending on how bad they are.

UncleDavy
07-27-2022, 08:29 PM
The Hyper dressing is not turning tires brown. The tires need a thorough cleaning before you apply a new layer of dressing. Some good tire cleaners have already been mentioned but for me the best tire cleaner is LA Totally Awesome from the Dollar Tree. It may take two or three or even four scrubbings before the tires are completely clean. Wait for the scrubbing foam to turn white. Then thoroughly dry the tire before applying your dressing.

Coatingsarecrack
07-28-2022, 03:43 AM

I’ve read that APC can “dry” tires out. A dedicated tire cleaning product is recommended. Maybe just to sell more product [emoji2369]

Give 303 T&R a try. My favorite for tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tasmania
07-28-2022, 04:16 AM
Hit it with some D101 by Meguiars you will be surprised what it can pull off the tyre

evo77
07-28-2022, 10:26 AM
Give 303 T&R a try. My favorite for tires.

I liked 303 when I used it. Foamed really good, cleaned pretty good and its color changing formula for tires is something you don't see for any other tire cleaner. Not sure its useful but cool to look at I guess, LOL!

Only problem is the price. $25 for a bottle is just way too steep (even if it is 32 oz). At half the cost, a 23 oz bottle of TW Hyper Foam Tire Cleaner does as good a job, if not better. AND the best thing is Hyper Foam comes in gallon sizes (303 does not) and it costs only 10 bucks more than a bottle of 303! Insane value for a superb tire cleaner. Oh and did I mention you can dilute Hyper Foam from the gallon size? You can cut 1:1 and essentially get TWO GALLONS of tire cleaner for $35. <mind blown>

Anthony Orosco
08-01-2022, 04:23 PM
The brown is called Blooming and isn't from Hyperdressing. I've been using it for years with no issues.

Black Magic Bleche-Wite Tire Cleaner is cheap and effective at removing the brown blooming that you're seeing. If bad, it may take 1-2 scrubbing sessions.

As others noted, stop using Simple Green. The blooming is from the tires releasing antiozonant which is part of the manufacturing process. It actually prevents dry-rot and tire-cracking caused by ozone, sunlight, etc. that tires are exposed to. Simple Green likely causing it to be pulled out in droves.

This would be correct