PDA

View Full Version : Car pro reload

Luket
07-23-2022, 02:51 PM
Installed a ceramic coating on my freshly derailed car. This was six months ago. Looks great.
Would Carpro reload add a little shine? Or just leave it alone

Rsurfer
07-23-2022, 02:53 PM
Installed a ceramic coating on my freshly derailed car. This was six months ago. Looks great.

What car wash soap are you using and how often?

CleanIT
07-23-2022, 03:50 PM

Haven't used Reload but I have read it is really glossy. It just doesn't last long.

Luket
07-23-2022, 05:55 PM
Chemical guys

glen e
07-23-2022, 05:57 PM
Although it’s been reformulated, I still don’t like reload, but I do like elixir which is partially reload… Works great.

Calendyr
07-23-2022, 11:35 PM
I no longer use reload because it just doesn't last. On the other hand, if you are only looking for gloss and are willing to use often, it's an excellent product. I would suggest you use it as a drying aid, this way you get both benefits. In my experience, you can expect about 2 weeks of durability on it.

Rsurfer
07-24-2022, 01:46 PM
Chemical guys

Most of CG soaps have waxes or some sort of glossing agents. Try washing with Carpro's Reset which leaves nothing behind and see the true water behavior of your CQuartz. If the beads are round and tight you could use Elixir as a booster or if the beads are oblong and flat it's time to recoat.

Rsurfer
07-24-2022, 01:49 PM
I no longer use reload because it just doesn't last. On the other hand, if you are only looking for gloss and are willing to use often, it's an excellent product. I would suggest you use it as a drying aid, this way you get both benefits. In my experience, you can expect about 2 weeks of durability on it.

If you use Reload too often (every 2-3 weeks) you will get hazing. Of course you won't see it on light colors.

vobro
07-24-2022, 02:35 PM
Reload 6 years ago was an option for me, I find it doesn’t last, changes the characteristics of the coating and although I have no other proof than my experience I believe it clogs up the coating. Flash forward to today and there’s plenty of quick detail sprays that are easier to use and don’t mess up the coating, Elixir,Adams Graphene Detail spray are 2 I like when/if I top. All this is coming from a huge CarPro fan

PouncingPanzer
07-25-2022, 04:58 AM
Pre-wash with Carpro Lift. Wash with Carpro Reset. I wouldn't use Reload though, I have found Jescar Ceramic Spray Wax to be far superior.

Luket
07-25-2022, 08:32 PM
Thanks