PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Elixir

Pages : [1] 2

CleanIT
07-19-2022, 02:46 PM
I’ve read that Elixir can darken certain paint colors. Currently using Ech2o as a drying aid and for interior with no issues at all but thought of trying Elixir due the darkening effect.

Has anyone noticed Elixir darkening and adding depth to their paint?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
07-19-2022, 02:53 PM
I’ve read that Elixir can darken certain paint colors. Currently using Ech2o as a drying aid and for interior with no issues at all but thought of trying Elixir due the darkening effect.

Has anyone noticed Elixir darkening and adding depth to their paint?

Thank you

Haven't noticed much darkening effect, but sure adds a lot of slickness and gloss. Maybe I haven't noticed because I use it so much.

CleanIT
07-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Thanks. I may give it shot once I start getting low on Ech2o.

Rsurfer
07-19-2022, 03:00 PM
Thanks. I may give it shot once I start getting low on Ech2o.

ECHO is a great waterless wash, but Elixr IMO is a better QD.

glen e
07-19-2022, 03:40 PM
I’ve used elixir on a dark anthracite car, a red car, and a Subaru blue car with no darkening affect… I love the stuff….. it’s a perfect middle ground between a detailer and sealant.

crg001
07-20-2022, 12:25 PM
Nothing aside from a ceramic coating will truly darken the paint, and even that isn't by much.

Elixir is great, though. Easy enough to make it yourself too if you already have Reload and Hydro2.

DFB
07-21-2022, 06:24 AM
Nothing aside from a ceramic coating will truly darken the paint, and even that isn't by much.

Elixir is great, though. Easy enough to make it yourself too if you already have Reload and Hydro2.

Reload and ECH20.

I don't see why people insist on making their own EliXir? Just buy it ready mixed?

dlc95
07-21-2022, 10:34 AM
I love Elixir, but it's super streaky. Even worse than Reload sometimes.

glen e
07-21-2022, 03:08 PM
Why mix your own? Because I can decide the volume that I want to mix, and most of us owned ech20 already, so It was just a matter of buying a small amount of reload and making distilled water.

By the way if you use a lot of distilled water, which I do , for Detailing, cooking and my CPAP machine, this is a great distiller… Expensive but very high-quality, I make 2 gallons a week…

Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768TW123/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

The Guz
07-21-2022, 03:36 PM
I love Elixir, but it's super streaky. Even worse than Reload sometimes.

Sounds like you are either using too much or to plush of a towel. Twist loop towels are best for removal.

dlc95
07-22-2022, 05:32 AM
Sounds like you are either using too much or to plush of a towel. Twist loop towels are best for removal.

I only use plush towels to wipe off ONR these days.

Edgeless 365 from TRC are what I use with Elixir.

I'm often guilty of not using enough product, but it's possible.

But......

Maybe you could do a video for it??

That would be sweet!

The Guz
07-23-2022, 02:06 PM
I only use plush towels to wipe off ONR these days.

Edgeless 365 from TRC are what I use with Elixir.

I'm often guilty of not using enough product, but it's possible.

But......

Maybe you could do a video for it??

That would be sweet!

Will add it to the que. Getting my bearings straight after a nice vacation.

CleanIT
07-23-2022, 02:50 PM
I held off on Elixir, for now. Ech2o at 1:20 works so well I don't really need it.

Rsurfer
07-23-2022, 02:55 PM
I held off on Elixir, for now. Ech2o at 1:20 works so well I don't really need it.

Both seem to work really well, but Elixir is a little more durable.

Eldorado2k
07-23-2022, 04:37 PM
Why mix your own? Because I can decide the volume that I want to mix, and most of us owned ech20 already, so It was just a matter of buying a small amount of reload and making distilled water.

By the way if you use a lot of distilled water, which I do , for Detailing, cooking and my CPAP machine, this is a great distiller… Expensive but very high-quality, I make 2 gallons a week…

Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768TW123/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

That’s a good point. Does anyone think manufacturers use distilled water to mix their chemicals? I think not.

I’ve always wondered what kind of water some popular brand names use to mix the pre diluted antifreeze they sell. Distilled is recommended, but do they even use it? Or just use cheap tap water?