PDA

View Full Version : Solution Finish, forgot to wipe off

SixZee
07-09-2022, 08:22 PM
2015 Subaru Forester's trim was fading. Last weekend, I applied Solution Finish. I was planning to wipe it off after 6 hours, but something came up and I had to attend to the matter. By the end of the day, I completely forgot to wipe off. Yesterday, I got a chance to look at the trim and it was shining (not the matte look of the original trim), and it occurred to me what happened.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

The Guz
07-09-2022, 08:35 PM
Wipe off any excess. Or wait until you wash it.

Eldorado2k
07-09-2022, 11:12 PM
6hrs. or 24hrs. would’ve had the same results. That’s way too long if you were expecting to knock it down.

Coatingsarecrack
07-10-2022, 03:25 AM
Try a diluted APC in an inconspicuous spot to see if you can knock it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckydawg
07-10-2022, 08:26 AM
If you dont like the finish it left & dont want to live with it, and to ensure an even finish, you have a couple of options

1) Use a strong APC solution and remove it the best you can , might take a couple of tries, then re-apply the SF
2) Do the best you can cleaning it off and leave it-- it has poor longevity in my experience anyway.

dgage
07-10-2022, 11:55 AM
I agree with Luckydawg. Solution Finish is for restoration, not protection. Leave it a few weeks and it will be reduced/gone and then you can apply it properly (if needed for further trim restoration) and follow up with trim protection such as DLux or Pinnacle Ceramic Trim Coating.

Calendyr
07-11-2022, 07:12 PM
Like disolves like. Try to use some solution finish to wipe it down and then immediatelly buff off. My guess is that all the excess product will come off.