PDA

View Full Version : DP premium surface shield.

supercharged
07-19-2006, 08:44 PM
DP premium surface shield, is this a good sealant? What is it similar to? Wolfgang? EX-P? UPP? How long does it lasts and how is it overall? Recommended?
Thanks in advance.:)

Neothin
07-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I've been wondering the same thing actually.... This afternoon I did a little re-arranging of the detailing products and I came upon an unopened bottle of DP PSS. anyone shed some light?

dengood1
07-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Ha, funny you should ask. Killr says that it's very durable and he liked it. I just applied some to my hood(I'm doing sections when I have time) after using the XMT 3, XMT 1, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, then the DP SS. It's still drying, but I'll send you guys a pic when I'm done. The thing that blew me away was the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. The surface looked glossy when I was done with the XMT 1 with a finishing pad, but when I applied the glaze it took it to a whole new level of "wetness". I was blown away with how wet the paint looked when I wiped it off. I applied it with a finishing pad with the PC on 4 and worked it in like a polish, but not as long. It has diminishing abrasives in it so I wanted it to break down. Truly great stuff if you haven't tried it----highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

dengood1
07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
I've been wondering the same thing actually.... This afternoon I did a little re-arranging of the detailing products and I came upon an unopened bottle of DP PSS. anyone shed some light?

Neo, you need a crew to rearrange all of your sh*t man!:righton: Wanna sell some?;) lol

Brace1
07-20-2006, 05:23 AM
DP premium surface shield, is this a good sealant? What is it similar to? Wolfgang? EX-P? UPP? How long does it lasts and how is it overall? Recommended?
Thanks in advance.:)
I used it on my car (two coats) and absolutely love it. Much easier to use than Klasse SG. Can't compare to WG, PB or UPP since I never used those.

Also, it's tough for me to judge durability since a week after application I topped it with P21s, then Meg's 26, then OCW after every other wash.

Sorry I couldn't be more definitive on this, but a couple of things for sure: after clay and AIO the paint was very smooth, but after DP PSS it was like glass (super smooth and glossy). It has my recommendation :awesome:

ScottB
07-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Ha, funny you should ask. Killr says that it's very durable and he liked it.

Now thats not exactly what I said .... it is more durable than Wolfgang. It looks much better after curing for 24 hours, and looks extremely nice with some DP Finishing Gloss over it the next morning. Its very reflective and bright, with some noticable gloss. Wolfgang is still easier to use (on/off) and is warmer in appearance.

dengood1
07-20-2006, 08:25 PM
My intial and only use of Shield Shine showed amazing durability, pretty much on par with EX-P. What I like most about SS is that it really takes on a much glossier finish after curing for several hours in the sun. The finishing spritz is nice also ... but product is a little harder to use than some gloss sprays. ( I might have used to much)

:confused: you're right, not exactly what you said:D Didn't mean to misquote you Killr.:cheers:

ScottB
07-20-2006, 08:32 PM
:confused: you're right, not exactly what you said:D Didn't mean to misquote you Killr.:cheers:

dont remember saying that .... sorry. Their is only one sealant that shows amazing durability, and we dont carry it unfortunately. Some might look better, but theirs is king of the durability mountain. (hint : it uses a catalyst) DP Surface Shield equals EX-P for durability ..

dengood1
07-20-2006, 08:39 PM
dont remember saying that .... sorry. Their is only one sealant that shows amazing durability, and we dont carry it unfortunately. Some might look better, but theirs is king of the durability mountain. (hint : it uses a catalyst) DP Surface Shield equals EX-P for durability ..

you mean you can't remember the 1,623 posts of yours?? C'mon Killr, shame on you:p! lol....no problem, I was just hoping I didn't misquote you. Besides, that was a few drinks ago, uh, I mean a few of weeks ago!:D I agree that the Wolfgang went on and came off very easy, but so did the DP.......both VERY easy to use. I would have used Wolfgang, but I had the DP SS so.......

ScottB
07-21-2006, 06:57 PM
you mean you can't remember the 1,623 posts of yours?? C'mon Killr, shame on you:p! lol....no problem, I was just hoping I didn't misquote you. Besides, that was a few drinks ago, uh, I mean a few of weeks ago!:D I agree that the Wolfgang went on and came off very easy, but so did the DP.......both VERY easy to use. I would have used Wolfgang, but I had the DP SS so.......

both are nice products, but end result is a little different. DP SS looks more like UPP without the slickness.