PDA

View Full Version : Worn out handle on polisher

Calendyr
07-05-2022, 04:32 PM
Hey guys, curious to see if anyone of you had this problem and how you fixed it.

The rubber pad on my Torq 10x polisher has ripped off from the head handle and now it's really annoying to use. It's still attached about half way and the other half is hanging loose making the use of the tool difficult.

I wonder if replacement rubber pads are available for things like that or if I need to find a DIY solution.

Of all my polishers, this is the first one that has some kind of problem that is not mecanical.

PaulMys
07-05-2022, 04:51 PM
Any pics??

Icarus
07-05-2022, 07:38 PM
Wrap it in electrical or Tesa tape? We need pics to see what you mean I think...

Calendyr
07-11-2022, 07:29 PM
Will try to remember to take some pics when I use it next.

I contacted Chemical Guys, they sell that polisher, and only got the automated reply that they would get back to me. It's been a week and still no answer.

I might just end up taping it like you suggested Icarus. Probably with hockey tape? I don't want to use electrical tape because I know when it gets hot glue starts to leak from all the edges. Also electrical tape is really streatchy so I think it will go loose as I rub against it changing hand positions. Trying to think of a better tape for this, maybe something padded like racket tennis tape... Any suggestions?

oneheadlite
07-11-2022, 07:33 PM
What about the stuff they sell to protect/repair the toes on work boots? :dunno:

Edit: I was originally thinking of the brush on type stuff that reminds me of undercoating, but googling boot repair I see they sell toe caps that look like they adhesive on - that might make for a decent substitute? Find one you could trim to fit your handle.

Icarus
07-12-2022, 01:29 PM
Will try to remember to take some pics when I use it next.

I contacted Chemical Guys, they sell that polisher, and only got the automated reply that they would get back to me. It's been a week and still no answer.

I might just end up taping it like you suggested Icarus. Probably with hockey tape? I don't want to use electrical tape because I know when it gets hot glue starts to leak from all the edges. Also electrical tape is really streatchy so I think it will go loose as I rub against it changing hand positions. Trying to think of a better tape for this, maybe something padded like racket tennis tape... Any suggestions?
They were fast replying to me last week when I asked about their VRP. Hopefully they answer you soon.

I'd tape it up for now. Any decent tape should work. Your idea of hockey tape (like Tesa tape) would be a start, if it doesn't work, peel it off and try something else... I wrapped the metal grab handles of my Jeep TJ with baseball grip tape and it lasted years till the Jeep got wrecked :/

Calendyr
07-12-2022, 04:47 PM
I did not think about baseball tape, that might be better than tennis tape. Will check both out next time I go to the store. Thanks!

They were fast replying to me last week when I asked about their VRP. Hopefully they answer you soon.

I'd tape it up for now. Any decent tape should work. Your idea of hockey tape (like Tesa tape) would be a start, if it doesn't work, peel it off and try something else... I wrapped the metal grab handles of my Jeep TJ with baseball grip tape and it lasted years till the Jeep got wrecked :/