PDA

View Full Version : Good store to buy car battery

Pages : [1] 2

waterman
07-03-2022, 07:49 AM
Hello,

I know this is a little off topic but I need to buy a battery for my Yukon Denali. I’ve been looking at auto zone, Napa and all the others and pricing is similar. Is there a store that offers a better battery or are they all the same?

Thanks

Bill D
07-03-2022, 08:05 AM
I get my batteries from a mobile mechanic. Over the years I've seen the same performance. I think he gets the batteries from Auto Zone. They perform better than dealer OE batteries" which disappointed me.

MisterSnoop
07-03-2022, 08:46 AM
Until recently, I think Johnson Controls manufactured batteries for many retailers. Looks like they sold off their battery division to Clarios. So they may be making the batteries now.

MikeII
07-03-2022, 09:13 AM
Hello,

I know this is a little off topic but I need to buy a battery for my Yukon Denali. I’ve been looking at auto zone, Napa and all the others and pricing is similar. Is there a store that offers a better battery or are they all the same?

Thanks

Only thing I would recommend is an AGM battery due to electronics, lift gate, and if you have actuated running boards. You don’t have to buy the highest end ones. A trickle charger does wonders to the life of a battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msharpe785
07-03-2022, 10:28 AM
Interstate +1. Even in the AZ heat....these batteries out-last all other batteries. I have this brand in 3 vehicles and my boat which has 1 cranking and 2 house batteries. Easy to find an Interstate dealer too.

mattmann
07-03-2022, 11:03 AM
Interstate is about the best thing going in automotive batteries imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VISITOR
07-03-2022, 12:36 PM
https://youtu.be/h7rTcBanpMk

glen e
07-03-2022, 04:07 PM
Another votes for interstate…..

Eldorado2k
07-03-2022, 10:42 PM
Interstate for me too. My car came with an Interstate battery when I bought it 3yrs. ago and it hasn’t shown any signs of quitting so far. Next time I need a battery I’ll be sure to get the same kind.

Duralast batteries from Autozone are garbage. I used to buy them because of the warranty and I always needed a free replacement within a year.

ducksfan
07-03-2022, 11:31 PM
Interstate @ Costco

They don't prorate the warranty. If it goes bad - new battery.

I don't go much past the warranty. I consider it a maintenance item. Just buy a new one. They recycle them anyhow.

Bobby B.
07-04-2022, 08:16 AM
I purchase directly from Interstate Battery. They have a warehouse just a few blocks way from my apartment. Great prices and customer service.

dcjredline
07-04-2022, 11:34 AM
https://youtu.be/h7rTcBanpMk

I like this channel. PROOF that some just have to buy the name brand to LOOK better even though they could get the same thing for a better price. lol I love it.

waterman
07-04-2022, 01:22 PM
Hello,

Will going to agm effect my truck at all since it started with a lead acid battery?

VISITOR
07-04-2022, 03:24 PM
I like this channel. PROOF that some just have to buy the name brand to LOOK better even though they could get the same thing for a better price. lol I love it.

:iagree: and isn't limited to just car batteries. this gentleman goes above and beyond in a lot of his testing too.

PaulMys
07-04-2022, 04:16 PM
Hello,

Will going to agm effect my truck at all since it started with a lead acid battery?

No sir. :)