PDA

View Full Version : (Aus) Removing mold / mildew from car. suggestions ?

Widget
06-27-2022, 03:25 AM
Hi all, (from Australia)

Some time ago water got into the car (leak), which I managed to find the leak (had to remove drivers-side fender :/) and hopefully fixed it. Unfortunately water sat for sometime and now car smells and mold has grown, mainly on the trim / steering wheel. I don't think there's mold grew on the seats but wouldn't be surprised if it smells though.

At the time, I did remove the carpet, cleaned it with pressure washer and 3D Orange Degreaser, which helped some, but the moisture was still in the car and eventually the mold grew. I stuck one of those water-absorbing things (that suck up moisture from the air), which removed did remove moisture but unknown as to how much.

Unfortunately I don't have a steam cleaner, so was wondering what steps can I do, or more importantly, what mold / mildew specific products should I use to tackle the job?

My plan was to remove the seats and carpet again and give it a more thorough clean and use a product to help with the mold / smell. I was recommended 'P&S Finisher Peroxide Treatment', so will look to see who sells that (unless someone recommends something else?), I don't know if it works on trim though, or just with carpet/fabric.

After removing the seats and carper, we have one of those air de-humidifiers for the house, I was going to wheel out and sit it in the car for a bit, see if that helps some.

Does anyone have any recommendations ?

Tasmania
06-27-2022, 03:56 AM
I would get the Mould fixed by a detailer they have all the gear
Plus experience with this