PDA

View Full Version : I really WANT to wash my car.......

Don M
06-16-2022, 06:21 PM
...but I worked a 16 Tuesday night (3 pm to 7 am) NOT voluntarily or known in advance, and yesterday I was so out of it I slept until 7 pm. Today, we had rain, but it stopped a few hours ago and I still have plenty of daylight left to give it a good wash, BUT, as soon as I step outside, the heat sucks the life right out of me (and I'm still worn out from the 16 Tues/Weds).

My mind is flashing back and forth to my car, then my bed and back again. I think the bed is going to win.

Anyone else have days like this?

CleanIT
06-16-2022, 06:45 PM
I definitely have days like that. I wanted to do a wash today but there is a 50% chance of rain overnight, followed by 4 days of sun in the forecast so I'm going to put it off until tomorrow. What are you currently using on your car?

Jayfro
06-16-2022, 08:30 PM
Been feeling like that since Monday/Tuesday and I washed the car Saturday. Rain isn’t the issue but it’s the Saharan dust that has been hitting southeast Texas all week, wash today and by tomorrow afternoon it’ll look like it wasn’t touched! I think it’s supposed to ease up a bit this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Don M
06-16-2022, 09:05 PM
I definitely have days like that. I wanted to do a wash today but there is a 50% chance of rain overnight, followed by 4 days of sun in the forecast so I'm going to put it off until tomorrow. What are you currently using on your car?

Megs Hyper-Wash for the bath and it currently has 2 applications of TW Graphene Flex wax. I tend to "wax" a lot, so I'll probably alternate the Flex Wax and the TW Ceramic Spray Coating this summer.

Don M
06-16-2022, 09:12 PM
BTW - the bed won, until a few minutes ago when a coworker called me and said be prepared for more 12s and 16s because we are THAT short handed. Now I'm wide awake.

BudgetPlan1
06-17-2022, 05:36 AM
Last night at 9pm: “I’m gonna get to work early and wash my car”

This morning at 5am: “It’ll keep, maybe next week” :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bdubbs
06-17-2022, 06:34 AM
I've been working 12 hour shifts for 16 years. Both days and nights.

We also have mandatory overtime because we are short handed.

Definitely takes it's toll on the body.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Desertnate
06-17-2022, 07:38 AM
Last night at 9pm: “I’m gonna get to work early and wash my car”

This morning at 5am: “It’ll keep, maybe next week” :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm getting to the same point!

The car is dirty, but there is a Cars and Coffee next week. No sense in washing now and having to do it again then....

The car is dirty, but I have a driving event this weekend where it will get really dirty....might as well wait until that is over and just do it next week...

As for the heat, it is soul sucking right now, so I just wait until just before sunset. It's actually keeping me more active this way. I used to come home from work, help the wife with dinner and then vegetate for a little while. Now I still do my normal routine but then go out and do a quick wash in the evening.

PA DETAILER
06-17-2022, 09:04 AM
Been on 10 hour shifts over a year! With some Saturdays thrown in. Finally let up this week with some 9 hour days. Looking at 8.5 today. It sucks the life out of you!

Don M
06-17-2022, 11:13 AM
Been on 10 hour shifts over a year! With some Saturdays thrown in. Finally let up this week with some 9 hour days. Looking at 8.5 today. It sucks the life out of you!

I'm SUPPOSED to be on a 6 on / 2 off, 8 hour a day with rotating days off shift. In my department, we are down to THREE of us (not including the supervisor...who SHOULD BE STEPPING UP AND ADDING HERSELF TO THE ROSTER, but isn't). It's 24 hours a day MANDATORY coverage, so someone has to be there at all times. Minimum staffing should be no less than TWO people on duty at any given time.

I'm an LEO with less than 10 months until retirement and I chose to spend the last two years of my career in dispatch, kind of a "winding down from working the road" move. After all, I'm almost 56 and I can't keep up with the 15 - 30 year old criminal element anymore. I work in the inner-city projects of a major city and we are always getting the worst of the worst calls. Our dispatch center is BUSY getting constant calls ranging from: "My toilet won't flush" to "person(s) shot." One person CANNOT handle the job, it's practically impossible, especially when things ramp up and you have multiple incidents going on at the same time, but they EXPECT us to do it solo anyway. Talk about a job burning someone out. It takes ALL of my days off to recover from a week's work. I was off Weds/Thurs this week and I spent most of my time in bed sleeping, just trying to recover. This morning, I feel pretty good, but I go in today at 1500 hrs to start the process all over again.

I promised my dad that I would try to go my full-term (31 years) before he passed last December, but God knows I want to file for a stress disability TODAY and be done with it. My Dr. more than once said he wants me out of there and will gladly fill out the disability paperwork, but then there's the promise to dad and it's only 10 months.

According to my retirement system, APRIL 1ST 2023 is when I'm eligible to retire.