PDA

View Full Version : '99 Honda Shadow Aero

Lance Mark
06-13-2022, 04:09 PM
My brother's neighbor owned this bike a lot of years back, my nephew bought it from the original owner, and when my nephew recently acquired a Triumph R3 Rocket, my brother bought this.

I took the tank and fenders off and detailed the frame and wheels.

I used CarPro Reset for a wash.
Simple Green and a tooth brush on the whitewalls
NevR Dull on the chrome
Chemical Guys OG Clay and lube....Hate the clay, love the lube with Wolfgang clay
Wolfgang Uber Compount, TSR, and Finishing Glaze
Gyeon Prep
Gyeon Can Coat

Pic of me hugging it saying "it's not your fault"
A pic of a corrected fender next to the rear fender which is what it looked like before i started
Some other pics.

Coatingsarecrack
06-13-2022, 04:20 PM
She looks new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMys
06-13-2022, 04:25 PM
LMAO on the "Not your fault hug" :laughing::laughing:

What a beautiful bike! Great job, man. :cheers:

glen e
06-13-2022, 04:39 PM
I’d be interested in exactly what product is really good for motorcycle mufflers, not the hot downpipes but the chrome exhaust part…

dgage
06-13-2022, 11:06 PM
I’d be interested in exactly what product is really good for motorcycle mufflers, not the hot downpipes but the chrome exhaust part…

Pinnacle has some exhaust cleaner and I use it with the Lake Country Exhaust Polishing Sponge. Or you can get some chrome polish, I’ve used Mother’s before but I’ve also read good things about CarPro Metallicut. I use Collinite Metal Wax for protecting my exhaust tips and it makes them so that the soot wipes right off with a sponge.

Sizzle Chest
06-14-2022, 11:25 AM
Wow, nice work,came out great!

Lance Mark
06-14-2022, 12:09 PM

i spent a bit of time on the tailpipe, as well as the accents on the fenders....i removed those for polishing

i used a drill with a foam pad on it for some spots on the tail pipe, and for those spots, i used a Chem Guys metal polish....applied a bit on the problem spots, wheeled it out for a bit, and repeated

I could have got the job done just with NevrDull, but it would have taken way longer, once I had them cleaned, I used a prep on them, buffed em up with a MF and then I sealed them with CanCoat as well, after the bike was totally done, I did one last wash and detail with ECH2O. leaves a nice shine on both paint and chrome

and thanks for the props, i showed some pics to my service guy at my local HD dealer and he's seen what I did with my bike as well, in fact, they know not to ever wash my bike when i take it in...they know im picky

he said they were considering offering a high end detail to customers and he is wondering if I'd be interested in taking on a project or two a month....the timing is really great, I'm thinking I need a side hustle, and what a great way to earn some extra spending money than to work on machines I love :)