PDA

View Full Version : New Griot's Surface Prep

Pages : [1] 2

CleanIT
06-10-2022, 02:13 PM
Surface Prep Cleanser (griotsgarage.com) (https://www.griotsgarage.com/surface-prep-cleanser/?utm_source=sm&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=2022june&code=SMEFBP&fbclid=IwAR15LRVSQXuZyNLwo_qiSWfFepw81BBGuKXYQu2D-pla60Bog5ao9d77DMw)

"Our Surface Prep Cleanser is single purpose degreaser for complete vehicle surface preparation to remove polishing oils and other residues prior to application of a protectant. After testing over 30 competitive products and over 100 of our own in-house formula iterations, we're confident it's the best in category."

It's a shame Griot's doesn't have the in-house capability to make a coating. If they could, they'd be right up there with the best of them.

Desertnate
06-10-2022, 03:00 PM
It's a shame Griot's doesn't have the in-house capability to make a coating. If they could, they'd be right up there with the best of them.

The market is already overly saturated with coating choices. They would have a hard time making a dent in the market when going up against the well establish coating makers like of Carpro, Gtechniq, Gyeon, and others.

They have their niche and do a good job of filling it. I guess as a person who shops products across multiple brands anyway, I don't think less of Griots when I get a coating from someone else.

I'd have to compare prices, but the Griots spray bottle alone might make me stray from Eraser for my surface prep product. I love those spray bottles.

CleanIT
06-10-2022, 03:04 PM
Good points. :xyxthumbs:

MisterSnoop
06-10-2022, 03:10 PM
May try it eventually but already have Eraser and Mother's to use up.

They also added the foaming sprayer as an option. Don't see their chemically resistant sprayer available yet.

Foaming Compact Sprayer (https://www.griotsgarage.com/foaming-compact-sprayer/)

dgage
06-10-2022, 03:14 PM
Looks like Gyeon Prep or CarPro Eraser are cheaper for 1L than the Griot’s 22 oz but for a gallon, the Griot’s Surface Prep is cheaper.

RevGTO
06-12-2022, 09:00 PM
I don't know how much better it can be than the Mother's CMX Surface Prep. I've used it in a couple of paint corrections and it works perfectly to get the paint crystal clear.

craigdt
06-13-2022, 09:18 AM
Wonder what's the difference between this and their foaming surface prep wash, that they sell a secondary bottle (and non foaming sprayer) for 10:1 dilution?

MisterSnoop
06-13-2022, 10:24 AM
Wonder what's the difference between this and their foaming surface prep wash, that they sell a secondary bottle (and non foaming sprayer) for 10:1 dilution?The foaming surface prep wash is an alkaline soap that needs to be rinsed off. That would be for decontamination. The surface prep cleaner is to remove polish, etc and it will flash off so it doesn't require any rinsing.

evo77
06-17-2022, 10:09 AM

In a recent LIVE video, Nick revealed they were testing "higher solids stuff" which could very well mean some type of coating.

Video queued to mark HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2wmSDXb-g#t=23m3s).

CleanIT
06-17-2022, 11:12 AM
In a recent LIVE video, Nick revealed they were testing "higher solids stuff" which could very well mean some type of coating.

Video queued to mark HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2wmSDXb-g#t=23m3s).

Very interesting! I wonder if they're making it in-house or not?

oneheadlite
06-17-2022, 11:12 AM
It sure seems like there's room to use the BOSS branding on something fancy...

evo77
06-17-2022, 11:41 AM
Very interesting! I wonder if they're making it in-house or not?

Since they produce their own chemicals in-house I don't see why they wouldn't also create their "coating" in-house too. But even if they outsourced it for some reason does it really matter? Given their reputation so far, they've demonstrated that high performance, value and safety is numero uno.

CleanIT
06-17-2022, 11:50 AM
I agree. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CleanIT
06-17-2022, 12:11 PM
Shot them a message.

“Yes, we're developing a high solids coating currently and we'll be releasing it once we're confident it's the best on the market!”

The Guz
06-17-2022, 01:12 PM
This is an expensive paint prep for the gallon. I would just get Optimum or Meguiar's paint prep in a gallon.

Shot them a message.

“Yes, we're developing a high solids coating currently and we'll be releasing it once we're confident it's the best on the market!”

I guess they won't be coming out with one as nobody has the "best" coating.