PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer question

Gparr
06-01-2022, 05:59 PM
First…please forgive the ignorance to this question…but I simply don’t know the answer and I don’t know how to get the answer accept from you guys!

We just recently moved and after testing our “new” water is horrible…over 400 ppm TDS!!! Not suitable for washing cars!

I have purchased a Durastill water distiller with a 25 gallon storage tank with a 5/8” adapter on the bottom of the tank to be able to hook up a hose. Water come out at 2 ppm TDS.

Here comes the question…can you guys help me figure out how to get the distilled water from the bottom of the tank to my Kranzle power washer?

I am a musician and i don’t have a mechanically thinking brain…but i do have friends who do!

Thanks for you all helping!

ducksfan
06-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Is there a drain plug or valve on the bottom of your distilled water tank?

If so, what's the connection type and size.

Interesting approach to a high solids water problem. I've thought about looking into the same type of system. With how little utilities pay for excess home solar, might as well use some of it to boil water.

Gparr
06-02-2022, 08:36 AM
I am able to screw in hose garden hose onto the drain valve.

vaca22
06-02-2022, 09:45 AM
440 ppm is bananas!

Well, I just checked a chart, and 300-600 is considered "good". I am very blessed here because water around my neck of the woods is 40-60 ppm.

crg001
06-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Sounds like you need a priming/transfer pump to step up the water pressure going in to the pressure washer.

Azure
06-02-2022, 12:25 PM
440 ppm is bananas!

Well, I just checked a chart, and 300-600 is considered "good". I am very blessed here because water around my neck of the woods is 40-60 ppm.

"Good"... That blows my mind lol

hamajang
06-02-2022, 02:41 PM
Sounds like you need a priming/transfer pump to step up the water pressure going in to the pressure washer.

This.

You're gong to need a transfer pump between the tank and pressure washer. The minimum requirements should be somewhere in the pressure washer manual. As a wild guess, 5gpm@60psi should suffice. Pay attention to the electrical requirements of the pump also. You don't want to be tripping a circuit breaker every time you turn the pump on.

PaulMys
06-02-2022, 04:29 PM
This.

You're gong to need a transfer pump between the tank and pressure washer. The minimum requirements should be somewhere in the pressure washer manual. As a wild guess, 5gpm@60psi should suffice. Pay attention to the electrical requirements of the pump also. You don't want to be tripping a circuit breaker every time you turn the pump on.

Or he could run a DC pump. Not the most practical application, but still an option.......

Gparr
06-03-2022, 06:55 AM
Thanks guys!