PDA

View Full Version : Any Advantage to Layering Spray Ceramic Coatings?

PDC
05-27-2022, 01:22 PM
Just coated my black car with Wolfgang Spray Ceramic Coating after 2-Step correction and prep with Wolfgang Perfect Finish. I backed the car out into the Sun for final walk-around and catching any haze or high spots. Extremely pleased with the results. So, is there any advantage to applying a second coat of the WG Spray Ceramic Coating? Car is back in the garage and is as clean as it will ever be if a second application is a good idea.

noorth
05-27-2022, 01:53 PM
It might add a little extra durability and increase looks. It's easy to use so i would use it up personally and add another coat. Unless you want to top it in 6 months or something. Not sure how big the bottle is.

cleantechwa
05-27-2022, 01:54 PM
I dont see any advantage, i normally wait for few weeks, do the first wash and then layer it..so then it fills in nicely...

Rsurfer
05-27-2022, 04:17 PM
A second coat will ensure complete coverage and probably increase durability.

PA DETAILER
05-27-2022, 04:50 PM
Agree. 2 coats just to insure even coverage.

Don M
05-27-2022, 05:55 PM
TW suggests 2 coats 24 hour apart and 303 states 3 coats max, each 24 hours apart.

PDC
05-27-2022, 06:56 PM
O.K. - I did a second coat - and I laid the coating down going the opposite direction on each panel than I did on the first coat. It turned out really, really nice. I will say, 24 hrs would have been better - there was a bit of ‘reactivation’ going on and some of the buff-off was a bit more work on the second coat. I’m betting I would not have run into that had I waited a full day. Problem is, I’ve got a car show tomorrow morning that I really want to hit - and I do not want to re-clean / re-prep before applying the second coat. I did the final buff of the first coat on the driveway in the sun, and then - when I decided to do the second coat today - I left her parked out there for about an hour and a half. Then I let her cool off in the garage for an hour before I started applying the second coat. Turned out great. Wolfgang products just do not disappoint. Period.