PDA

View Full Version : Do it right the first time - Dr. Beasley's 1201

RegalOne
05-23-2022, 01:03 PM
It has been a long time since I have posted a question for the fine group of people here. I am a hobbyist and not a professional. I am getting ready to detail the daily driver for the summer. The car is less than a year old and I have taken care of it, so the paint is in really good shape except for a couple of spots. Here is the plan:
1. Wash
2. Decontamination with synthetic clay mitt
3. Wash
4. Correct a couple of areas
5. Black Fire Paint Cleaner
6. Dr. Beasley’s 1201

So here is the question. Will the Black Fire Paint Cleaner be okay before I apply the 1201? Should I do a step after the BF Paint Cleaner (I want to make sure the 1201 "bonds"? Should I skip the BF Paint Cleaner or use another product before I put the 1201 on?

I will be using a GG DA for the correction and the BF Paint Cleaner unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

dgage
05-23-2022, 02:17 PM
#4 and #5 are actually similar steps due to product terminology confusion.

Paint cleansers are really polishes without much or any abrasives. They would be used as lubrication for a high polishing pad on paint that needs little to no correction.

What you actually need in step 5 is a panel wipe product such as Blackfire Paint Prep, Gyeon Prep, or CarPro Eraser. Or you could make up your own with isopropyl alcohol (IPA), I’m sure a recipe is on AGO somewhere.

The Guz
05-23-2022, 04:25 PM
I haven’t looked into 1201, but what do the instructions state? Does it require a panel wipe?

I believe it is a sealant and not so much a coating.

RegalOne
05-23-2022, 06:41 PM
I haven’t looked into 1201, but what do the instructions state? Does it require a panel wipe?

I believe it is a sealant and not so much a coating.

Thanks for the reply. The product is described as a nano-coating and the instructions do not mention a panel wipe prior to application.

Thanks again

RegalOne
05-23-2022, 06:42 PM
#4 and #5 are actually similar steps due to product terminology confusion.

Paint cleansers are really polishes without much or any abrasives. They would be used as lubrication for a high polishing pad on paint that needs little to no correction.

What you actually need in step 5 is a panel wipe product such as Blackfire Paint Prep, Gyeon Prep, or CarPro Eraser. Or you could make up your own with isopropyl alcohol (IPA), I’m sure a recipe is on AGO somewhere.

Thanks for the reply.

There are a couple of areas that I will try the BF Paint Cleaner on first but I suspect I will need to polish out the two areas. I have IPA so I may just wipe down after the BF Paint cleaner.

Thanks again

The Guz
05-23-2022, 08:55 PM
From their site.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220524/0d0ac6de6f0176542b15470681397d33.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220524/9d3c414f311db8cfc091da0407aff87b.jpg