PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo 10 years of Shine

sweatthedetails
05-16-2022, 08:56 AM
I review, disassemble, and inspect my 10 year old Cyclo.

10 Year Cyclo Polisher Review
10 Year Cyclo Polisher Review - YouTube (https://youtu.be/eUEefOYr_PA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

grambow
05-16-2022, 12:31 PM
Great info! I going to look for a used one!!

Bill D
05-16-2022, 12:37 PM
The Cyclo is still my favorite polisher. Mine is heirloom quality

sweatthedetails
05-17-2022, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the responses. This is honestly my favorite all time polisher. I think it gets slept on.

grambow
05-28-2022, 07:37 AM
Hey! Just wanted to circle back on this. I wound up finding a used one on FB MP for $80 plus a little shipping. Other used ones were going for around $200 so I jumped on it. It was pretty rough upon arrival and OOOOLD! It appears to be an "orig" without the speed dial, etc.. Anyway, I cleaned it up, added a little oil and blew 'er out. I promptly ordered the low profile pad mount things and 8 blue pads. (the diff between the green and the blue is kinda confusing).
Just used it yesterday to polish up my brand new black BMW X4 M40i before adding a layer of Gyeon Can Coat EVO (another purchase based on forum feedback). I really enjoyed using it and I have tried many many different polishers. I am just a driveway dad-detailer so nothing too serious. The car is brand new so it's not like I tested the limits but I found it to be easily controlled and a less fatiguing experience on these old shoulders than other polishers I've purchased and sold off. All this is to say, thanks for posting your video. I made my purchase solely on your recommendation. I have been aware of the Cyclo since back in the Porter Cable days but always dismissed it cuz it looked so, well, unrefined I guess. Glad I took the leap!

sweatthedetails
06-08-2022, 09:45 PM
Hey! Just wanted to circle back on this. I wound up finding a used one on FB MP for $80 plus a little shipping. Other used ones were going for around $200 so I jumped on it. It was pretty rough upon arrival and OOOOLD! It appears to be an "orig" without the speed dial, etc.. Anyway, I cleaned it up, added a little oil and blew 'er out. I promptly ordered the low profile pad mount things and 8 blue pads. (the diff between the green and the blue is kinda confusing).
Just used it yesterday to polish up my brand new black BMW X4 M40i before adding a layer of Gyeon Can Coat EVO (another purchase based on forum feedback). I really enjoyed using it and I have tried many many different polishers. I am just a driveway dad-detailer so nothing too serious. The car is brand new so it's not like I tested the limits but I found it to be easily controlled and a less fatiguing experience on these old shoulders than other polishers I've purchased and sold off. All this is to say, thanks for posting your video. I made my purchase solely on your recommendation. I have been aware of the Cyclo since back in the Porter Cable days but always dismissed it cuz it looked so, well, unrefined I guess. Glad I took the leap!

Wow that’s awesome that you found an original like that! They really do last forever. It’s easily my favorite polisher.