PDA

View Full Version : Small rant.

PA DETAILER
05-13-2022, 07:26 AM
:laughing: This will be my 3rd long weekend. Just can't win. After 2 days of solid rain last weekend, this weekend, starting this morning, they are sealing the fire hall lot behind the house here. Had a quick chat a few min ago with the crew. No grass cutting or washing cars (because of the run off) for 2 days! Normally one, but they are putting in on thick. And if we have to go anywhere, it's up thru the yard to the front street. I never park out front. Too narrow of a street. GOOD GRIEF. * RANT OFF*

Look's like I will be busy Sunday. If it's not raining. :laughing:

Went ahead and looked at the forecast. Rain this afternoon. And Sat & Sun. Guessing they did not look at the forecast?

Desertnate
05-13-2022, 07:59 AM
I feel your pain. For the last three months our weather pattern worked something like this: Weekdays - cold, cloudy, occasional rain; Weekends - warm and pouring rain. I couldn't win and the cars were filthy for weeks.

MisterSnoop
05-13-2022, 08:06 AM
Yeah, Saturday looks worse but it may still rain Sunday. I'll still try to sneak in a quick wash at some point.

Klasse Act
05-13-2022, 08:38 AM
It's raining here too....POLLEN[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Desertnate
05-13-2022, 09:34 AM

Ugh...YES!!!

My blue car is turning an odd shade of teal with all the yellow pollen. There is some tree kicking out pollen with really large grains that are skicky which won't blow off or rinse away in the rain. I've watched the stuff collect WHILE I'M DRYING THE CAR!! :mad:

Add the pollen to all the dust being kicked up by the major construction site across the street from my parking lot at work and my car never stays clean for more than about 12 hours these days.

Odrapnew
05-13-2022, 10:19 AM

Yup. Washed my Edge on Saturday, we got some light rain on Monday and it's covered in pollen water spots. Hope to get it washed tomorrow and looks to be dry here for at least a few days.

Larry A
05-13-2022, 01:57 PM

The pollen does a number on our cars.

ducksfan
05-14-2022, 12:02 AM
Failing to see a real problem here. I wash my vehicle at the beginning of a rain if I can. Cuts my time in half, since I don't have to dry.

My problem is it seldom rains here.

PA DETAILER
05-14-2022, 01:31 PM
Cut grass and washed today. We had some rain Friday, so i figured the lot is fair game today. It looks and feels cured to me. They still have the entrance roped off. That should come down Sunday.

Tasmania
05-16-2022, 03:58 AM
It's been raining here for 3 week's straight, grass is 7 inches long

PA DETAILER
05-16-2022, 09:13 AM
Funny part is, here it is Monday morning, and they still don't have the tape barrier down at the entrance?

Calendyr
05-20-2022, 12:12 AM
Here we are also having strange weather. 90 degress for 2 weeks, then 53 degrees for a day or two. Completelly bonkers! We went pretty much from winter to summer then back to early spring within 3 weeks. Been doing ok on rain so far, pretty standard 2-3 days a week of light rain. We did have 1 day where it felt like the gates of heaven opened up LOL