PDA

View Full Version : Need some new pads

Yaemish
05-01-2022, 08:34 PM
My old rotary pads are on their way out and I haven't bought new ones in years. I'm sorry, but I don't have a lot of time to research (not being lazy) and need to get something for the second that I do have some time to polish it up. What do people suggest for M105/205 combo? I figure I need three; heavy cut just in case, a pad for the M105, and a pad for the M205.

Thanks

Klasse Act
05-01-2022, 09:01 PM
Uro-fiber combo[emoji362][emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yaemish
05-01-2022, 09:10 PM
Thanks! Pad color suggestions?

Klasse Act
05-01-2022, 09:13 PM
Thanks! Pad color suggestions?These are just grayish/black[emoji118]

opie
05-01-2022, 09:37 PM
You said your rotary pads are on the way out...so am i correct in assuming these new pads for a rotary machine?

If so then do not use the uro fiber. Microfibers(even though a blend of microfiber) are not ment for a rotary

So next question would be are you looking for new wool pads for compounding....and some foam pads to finish polishing?
Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
05-02-2022, 05:11 AM
You said your rotary pads are on the way out...so am i correct in assuming these new pads for a rotary machine?

If so then do not use the uro fiber. Microfibers(even though a blend of microfiber) are not ment for a rotary

So next question would be are you looking for new wool pads for compounding....and some foam pads to finish polishing?
Sent from my SM-G973U using TapatalkGood catch Opie, the Uro-fibers aren't good for that!

OP, have you considered getting something like a Griot's Garage machine or do you actually need a rotary [emoji848]

Yaemish
05-02-2022, 02:23 PM
I've got a Makita that I use with 3M Perfect-It pads that must be at least 5 years old. I think I am also using the Megs yellow finishing pad with the M205.

I've never really liked using my wool pad with the M105. I find it difficult to get the correct amount of polish on it and maintain that polish while the pad works as intended. I usually used the 3M compounding pad (05737) but I'm not sure this is even the correct one to be pairing with the M105.

I'd like to go with a heavy cut pad for problem areas but I'd probably use a medium cut for my vehicles for most of the M105 part.

opie
05-03-2022, 06:22 AM
I've got a Makita that I use with 3M Perfect-It pads that must be at least 5 years old. I think I am also using the Megs yellow finishing pad with the M205.

I've never really liked using my wool pad with the M105. I find it difficult to get the correct amount of polish on it and maintain that polish while the pad works as intended. I usually used the 3M compounding pad (05737) but I'm not sure this is even the correct one to be pairing with the M105.

I'd like to go with a heavy cut pad for problem areas but I'd probably use a medium cut for my vehicles for most of the M105 part.

Are you lying down a nice 8 inch or so bead of product and doing the ten at ten technique with the machine to pickup the bead of said product on the panel b4 starting to buff that section?

I dont use the 3m pads nor the megs yellow pad. The 3m 05737 pad is a coumpound pad so you can use that with the m105 or even try it with the m205 on your test spot. Use whatever works.

I cant say much more as i only use my flex rotary manly for the heavy compound step with rupes twisted wool pads or the lake country purple foamed wool pads if less cut is needed.(have used lc force orange pad a time or two.)

For light compounding or any polishing i use flex supa beast da with lc force orange or white pads...cuz it simply finishes better than a rotary.

Are you getting any rotary marks/hazing from finishing with rotary? Cheap griots g9 might be a good option for finishing

Yaemish
05-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Hmmm, so you are saying to do my finishing with my DA instead of the rotary? I thought that the whole point of the rotary was to save time and it would give the same results as a DA.

opie
05-03-2022, 08:59 PM
Hmmm, so you are saying to do my finishing with my DA instead of the rotary? I thought that the whole point of the rotary was to save time and it would give the same results as a DA.Yes, finish with the da. 9 times outta 10 that the da will finish down better with a foam pad compared to a rotary.

No doubt about it rotarys are faster. But da's are what you want to finish out with the best finish possible.

Look into a forced rotation da if you need to shave some time off...they are wayy faster than a any free spinning da